Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default An X11 Mac version to tide us over?

Just a suggestion, but could an x11 compatible version be made to tide us over till a full mac port is possible?

For the record, I am so pleased about this decision. I moved to a mac 2 years ago and have missed xara quite badly.
    IP

Default Re: An X11 Mac version to tide us over?

Man, i'm in the same boat. I switched to mac 6 months ago and here's a list of the thing i miss about winXP:
    1. XARA.
    end of list.

Now they've gone and got me all excited and I'll likely find it very hard to wait for this Jewel of a program to come to mac.

The x11 thing is sort of a good idea. However, X11 apps are generally a little slow and annoying. -- I don't know if i'd use it.
    IP

Here here...it's literally the ONLY thing I miss from the PC.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by obvious
    Just a suggestion, but could an x11 compatible version be made to tide us over till a full mac port is possible?
    That should be unnecessary. It appears that wxWidgets will be adopted and this has been ported to MacOS X and does not require X11 for functionality. I suspect the wait will mostly be for programmers knowledgeable in BOTH traditional UNIX and MacOS X. While there are not a whole lot difference in required programming skill sets, the differences that exist are significant.
    IP