Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy / Paste between Xtreme and X3D

I read somewhere this week that it is now possible to transfer via the clipboard from Xtreme and Xara 3D. I can't where now, I've read a lot of stuff about Xara this week, so I can't check back but would be grateful for correction:

I understood that I'd be able to copy from Xara 3D and paste into Xtreme (I can, it comes in as a PNG with transparency - very nice), and then back again. I have been saving my .x3d files just in case, which is a good job because when I copy the PNG back into X3D it isn't editable.

I of course couldn't expect a PNG to be editable, but I thought that the .x3d content may have been buried or hidden somewhere in my .xar file in a similar way to XPE storing filters/effects/revisions of JPEGs.

Did I just read the pasting into Xara 3D wrongly, and that round-tripping doesn't really exist outside of my own head? I am using Xara 3D v6 from the CD and the full-product purchased and unlocked Xtreme 2.0a DL Oct 10.

(Not reproducible, but as typing this I checked the Help->About, there was no version number but a button "About Xara Ltd" showed. I pressed it, Xtreme closed immediately and took my document with it. No Autosave yet then!)
    Last edited by Daniel; 12 October 2005 at 09:54 PM.

Default Re: Copy / Paste between Xtreme and X3D

hi,
    The way I beleive it works (tried some small stuff) the objects you create in 'Xtreme have to be single objects (no groups) then the effect applied and the new object copied back to Xara as a bitmap not a tranformd vector. I may be wrong in this assumption. I have tried with complex effects with no luck (so far).
    Jim

It works for me. Copy from X3D and paste into XXtreme, then the opposite...

I agree with the first post. Doesn't seem Round Trip to me. Are we missing something?

Red

I wonder when XARA3d can export to vector-swf why it doesn't copy and paste into XARA as vector (as default).

roman

P.S. The extreme news extremely surprised me ;-) Just testing new X.