Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Exciting news

Default Exciting news

I remember Xara, back when it was called Artworks on RISC OS. It was a fantastic program. I'm delighted to see it coming to Linux, even more so as an open source app. Congratulations on such forward thinking.

I understand the desire to release it when it's ready, but nobody will mind rough edges. The quickest way to get it going will be to release the code - you'll be amazed at how quickly we'll be able to get it running!
    IP

Default Re: Exciting news

Jake

I think the most interesting thing about all this is the number of new posters to this forum.

A lot of lurkers who we can hope will become active once Xtreme goes cross-platform.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Id like to get started right away!, the quicker the better.
    IP

They have not even worked the bad bugs out of the windoze version yet. I would imagine it would be a little while before they released the linux version. Although there are personal improvements I want to try and get working.
    IP

There is an XARA for UNIX alpha version posted by a working group, and a request form for MAC OSx developers; was hunting for the link when I found this forum. Should see some good news soon.
    Loved XARA for windows, been waiting for the MAC OSx version, but would love to try the UNIX version too. - HP
    IP