Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: MacOS X

Hybrid View

Default MacOS X

Looking at the demo movies the program looks very good and I would love to see a MacOS X version.

Looking around I couldn't see any source downloads, where can the WXWidgets source be found. Also, is this coded as an independent library that the rest of the program interfaces with? Part of the reason for asking this question would be to see if using Cocoa for its implementation would be possible, or whether we would have to use the Carbon API; the other reason is find out whether it is something that could be used in other applications.

BTW Omnigroup.com, is a company that has a long history on the MacOS X platform, having been around when MacOS X was still OpenStep. Have you considered contacting them for their expertise.
    IP

Default Re: MacOS X

Check out the FAQs.. I think they address some of what you're asking.

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/faqs.html
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

IP

IP

MacosX is an unix's based system. Porting XaraX to cocooa would be a waste of time than using the freeBSD's inside system. I mean a lot of linux applications are working with a X11's emulating program ( see fink, darwin ).
    So why not trying to compil the sources to work like that ?
    There are already wxgtk, wxmac libraries that exist and run.

This would be an easier way. What do you think ?

Pekele
    IP

We're using WXWidgets as a framework GUI which works pretty well on the Mac, but we could do with some more volteer Mac developers to make this happen. Right now the Linux version is considerbly more advanced than the Mac version.
    IP