Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MacOS X

Default MacOS X

Looking at the demo movies the program looks very good and I would love to see a MacOS X version.

Looking around I couldn't see any source downloads, where can the WXWidgets source be found. Also, is this coded as an independent library that the rest of the program interfaces with? Part of the reason for asking this question would be to see if using Cocoa for its implementation would be possible, or whether we would have to use the Carbon API; the other reason is find out whether it is something that could be used in other applications.

BTW Omnigroup.com, is a company that has a long history on the MacOS X platform, having been around when MacOS X was still OpenStep. Have you considered contacting them for their expertise.
    IP

Default Re: MacOS X

Check out the FAQs.. I think they address some of what you're asking.

http://www.xaraxtreme.org/faqs.html
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

IP

IP

MacosX is an unix's based system. Porting XaraX to cocooa would be a waste of time than using the freeBSD's inside system. I mean a lot of linux applications are working with a X11's emulating program ( see fink, darwin ).
    So why not trying to compil the sources to work like that ?
    There are already wxgtk, wxmac libraries that exist and run.

This would be an easier way. What do you think ?

Pekele
    IP

We're using WXWidgets as a framework GUI which works pretty well on the Mac, but we could do with some more volteer Mac developers to make this happen. Right now the Linux version is considerbly more advanced than the Mac version.
    IP

Well i'm happy to know that the Mac version is in progress.
    I suppose that there is no beta avaible....
    I can help as a beta tester if you need too. My coding skills on the mac platform are too low to help in such project. BTW i would be interested in looking in the sources if you mind.

keep working on this version, no doubt that a lot of Mac's graphist will be interested in this program
    IP

We would all love to see a Mac version as soon as possible, but right now we can't find any Mac developers willing to help us make this happen. But most of the work to port to Linux is the same work that has to be done for a Mac version as well, so this all helps.

We've not made the source public yet, it's not ready for that, but we hope to do so before too long.
    IP

Now if a Mac version appeared and was actively developed (and sold as a commercial product) then I for one would be looking to switch to MacOS. All my other software is available for MacOS (Office, Sibelius, Photoshop, Nikon Capture) - it's just Xara and a lack of spare money that keeps me on Windows!!
    IP

Dearest Xara,

Torture, this is.

You and I go way, way back. You know that it was for your sake--and your sake alone--that I stayed in that miserable relationship with my LAST Windows computer.

And . . . I mean LAST literally. The errors at the worst possible moments, the lost data . . . I just got to the point where I realized that it would be self-destructive to my business and my sanity if I kept living the lie that PC's can be trusted with my life, my business, and my sacred data.

Losing you was the hardest part of leaving the land of Microsoft. I still miss you. Heck, I *need* you.

I've heard through the grapevine that you, too, might be moving to Macintosh. Can it be true?

If it's true, you can imagine how thrilled I am about this. But don't let me get my hopes up if you aren't really, really, really serious about it.

You see, I alse heard that you've been running around with the "fast and cheap" crowd. They've never had a class act like you to play with, and I'm sure it's quite a rush to watch them fall over themselves now that you're giving them some attention.

I can't blame you. Go and have your penguin fun. I'm not the jealous sort. "w00t 4 free luv!" and all that.

But I can't help but feel that your talk about going Mac is just that--talk. Seriously--you're just too busy to give us a decent installer? If that's not "staying in to wash your hair on Saturday night", I don't know what is.

Show your Mac-daddies a little love, love. Where's an OS X announcement list? Where's an OS X web page? Where's the OS X topic in talkgraphics.com?

Impatiently yours,

Ric
    IP