Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Horizontal Nav Bar Issue - Line Wraps

Hi All. I've discovered an issue with Menu Maker I can't seem to get around.

When I build a Horizontal Nav Bar, place it in my web page it looks great! The problem is when I attempt to put a graphic on either side of it, it looks as though the Nav Bar puts each on a different line, they don't line up.

This is a simple example:

Should be:
    Graphic 1, Nav Bar, Graphic 2

But Menu Maker somehow does this:
    Graphic 1
    Nav Bar
    Graphic 2

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Red

Default Re: Horizontal Nav Bar Issue - Line Wraps

Also, it doesn't even need to be a graphic on either side of the Nav Bar.

I just did a test where I had only the Nav Bar and some text on either side, it still has the same behavior.

Thanks,
    Red

I have a similar problem when using a vertical navigation bar.When I try to put text alongside the bar the whole height of the bar is higlightend and any text is automatically positioned below the navigation bar thus rendering half my page empty?

I know there is a simple solution but can't figure it out?

Well, kind of found a work around. I really don't like create a work around for a problem the program shouldn't have, but none the less, here's what I did.

I selected a template that had graphics on either end of the navigation, then replaced those with mine once I saved the project.

It's a pain, but it worked. It's the same thing I have to do with all the first level buttons since I rarely care for the designs they have. I'm really only interested the functionality of the secondary menus, not the designs of the first level. I would love it if I could design my templates in Xtreme. Then I could add to my library of designs and even share with the group.

Wish Item:
    Xara, you're opening up Xara Xtreme to be open source, why don't you open up MM and Webstyle to allow us to make our own designs and address our design needs as they come up. These apps seem secondary and unimportant when problems arise.

Red