Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

hi Stecyk,

Yes, I love (almost) every bit of Painter (scripts give me fits and movies still do also.. but then, I haven't spent a lot of time getting over those little difficulties... yet). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

No, I hadn't thought of doing the Corel (what was it? designers.com?) thing, but thanks for the suggestion and nice words about my "teaching".

You know, writing out something to explain it to someone else helps to clarify it in one's own mind too.. so I learn while I attempt to help someone else learn.. and always welcome feedback on anything I write along these lines since it's easy to be wrong.. or at least leave something out/make it less than clear.

On another subject: Are you kidding? Mac users can't see file sizes? I sure could when I used Macs a year or two ago when taking graphics classes. I was referring to checking file sizes in the file manager (whatever Mac calls that).. where you can see all the folders and files on your hard drive.

Jinny Brown
    http://www.pixelalley.com
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

jinny

yeah the files in a folder can be viewed as a list and the document and file size is displayed. it isn't my favourite display mode but in windows the folders have the left side dedicated to showing the file stats and a large image preview when you click a file icon. it's a nice automatic feature.

stecyk66
    IP

You'll want to check out Wayne Fulton's Scantips website for the lowdown on all of this resolution stuff and how to work it when scanning...
    http://www.scantips.com/

Doug Frost
    IP

Stecyk,

This won't give you the file sizes but in Painter (and I don't recall if this has already been mentioned in this thread), when you use:

File menu, Open

click any file in the list, then click the Browse button and wait a few seconds while the files are displayed in thumbnails. Any file that was saved from inside of Painter and hasn't been moved from another folder since then will be displayed in the thumbnails. Once a file is moved to another folder, unless the Preview file is moved with it, it won't be displayed as a thumbnail.

With some pre-planning, any folder's contents can be represented as thumbnails if that's important to the Painter user.

Doug,

Thanks for the good link for Scan Tips! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Merry Christmas to all

Jinny Brown
    IP

I am so embarrassed that I hadn't returned to this thread. I can't begin to thank you all enough for your extremely comprehensive and helpful expertise. Good griefus! I will be supplementing my diet with the words and instructions here. I'm getting th e printer paper out!
    Stecyk, I'm running an imac 266 with 160 megs on OS9.

OK, here it comes...

*Cyberkisses all around*

And I'm not talking about those silly air kisses. Take your shoes off!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

(Yes, doctor, I'm aware I have a problem. But some problems are fun enough to keep...) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And Doug, thanks for the link. Very excellent, I must say.

[This message was edited by marah on January 11, 2001 at 01:48 PM.]

[This message was edited by marah on January 11, 2001 at 01:50 PM.]
    IP

Marah,

It's difficult to be everywhere at once.. you're forgiven. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Glad to have you back again! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Jinny Brown
    IP