Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Moving Project to Another Computer

An important project I created with MenuMaker is on a computer that is seriously sick, and the hard drive will have to be wiped out to get rid of the infection (nothing I've tried is ridding the machine of the virus/worm/whatever). My problem is while I can salvage my other data, I have not been able to transfer the Menu Maker project from one computer to the other. The problem seems to be in the mapping of the files, specifically because the drive name where the MenuMaker files reside in the sick computer (C:/PROGRAM FILES/etc) is different from where they will reside on the target computer (H:/PROGRAM FILES/etc). This is a peculularity of WINDOWS in that the H-drive is my main drive. THe drive name cannot be changed.

Any advice on how to remap so that when going into MenuMaker from FRONTPAGE I don't get the "can't find" error message and can access the files for editing.

Hey, thanks in advance for any efforts.:confused:

Default Re: Moving Project to Another Computer

I am waiting any reply to the above question for I designed a menu at work for a website and the came home to do the rest of the work.

Even though I installed the MM 1.1 at home computer and downloaded the menu created at work computer to home computer, home computer MM1.1 does not see the menu I created.

What should be done for my home computer see the menu I created with work computer.

Does MM restrict usage only one computer or what?

I also paid for the additional template but see only 45 templates in all when I played the demo movie I see templates of 65 or some number there...

A very newbie...

Default Re: Moving Project to Another Computer

I am waiting any reply to the above question for I designed a menu at work for a website and then came home to do the rest of the work.

Even though I installed the MM 1.1 at home computer and downloaded from the website to my home computer the menu that I created using my work computer , my home computer MM1.1 does not see the menu I created.

What should be done for my home computer to see the menu I created with work computer.

Does MM restrict usage only to one computer or what?

==

I also paid for the additional templates but see only 45 templates in all when I played the demo movie I saw templates of about 65 or more there...

A very newbie...