Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plug-Ins

Default Re: Plug-Ins

mikeengles,

Please make sure that you have enabled host specific plug-ins in plug-ins setup dialog.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HostFlag.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	21060  
    John.

Hello

I have set that. It is as I said in my last post.

Mike Engles

Hello

Correction. I did not assign the Photoshop CS plugins folder.
    Now more Photoshop plugins appear, but cannot be used.
    The filter gallery appears, but with no preview image.
    XaraX1 will use more of my Photoshop 4 filters than Xtreme. Both XaraX1 and Xtreme are set to the same plugins folders.

The images are a bit big, so that the text can be read.

Mike Engles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xarax1.jpg 
Views:	594 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	21072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xtreme.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	21073  

Hi Mike,

Better quantify this statement before I stick both feet in my mouth... I am no PS expert, much less a plugins guru...

I think that xtreme is tailored more towards the latest PS plugin set rather than the earlier ones. Different flavors I think. I think we gots the chocolate, vanilla and strawbery flavors. The grape ant flavor was not written into this version.

Maybe one of the smart dudes who really know PS will stick there head in here and explain the difference between plugin 1 and plugin 1... It is all greek to me.

I accessed my PS 5.5 Photoshop plugins and they appear to work. Photoshop plugins were change at Version 6. Other plugins are just PS compatible. I didn't see the AutoFX plugins appear on the list. I tried the Page Curl Pro 2 and it worked. Rich

I thought I would see a list of plugins I could go and download for free and use with Xtreme. Maybe that will show up here later.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

people are still pwaying with what they have... much less getting to the point of seeing which file makes what filter and then posting specifics/tuts on it. Do a Google search for plugins, then download a few and see if they work... Keep good notes tho... and post your results...

Bruce,

Here is a discussion at IDA on various filters. Rich

http://www.indeptharts.org/showthread.php?t=2321

I have tried a number of the plugins in the Filter Gallery of Photoshop CS2 with both vector and raster images in Xtreme. The dialogue opens in each case but there is no image so I gather these Photoshop plugins do not work with Xtreme. Has everyone else found the same or do I have a problem?

Othe plugins such as Alien Skin Xenofex Demo, Eye Candy 4000 Demo, Mehdi and Redfield as well as the Xara plugins I've accumulated work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by John Rayner
    Hi Mike,

Better quantify this statement before I stick both feet in my mouth... I am no PS expert, much less a plugins guru...

I think that xtreme is tailored more towards the latest PS plugin set rather than the earlier ones. Different flavors I think. I think we gots the chocolate, vanilla and strawbery flavors. The grape ant flavor was not written into this version.

Maybe one of the smart dudes who really know PS will stick there head in here and explain the difference between plugin 1 and plugin 1... It is all greek to me.

Hello

I can't imagine that in terms of the use of plugins Xtreme is very different from XaraX1. I was making the point that X1 could use more of my plugins. The one neither of them can use is unsharpmask, which is one of the most useful.

Mike Engles