Default Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

Hey Anton...

Ooooo... I like that one much better...

I'm anxious to get my copy. Can't wait!
    ron

Hello everybody.

Pretty nice upgrade to me. For the first time I can hand over Xara exports to customers easily.

2 annoyances though:
    1. Doesnt even start if youre not logged in with admin rights ... Such will keep XaraX away from most company PCs.
    2. No setting to prevent XaraX from trying to connect to the Internet right away after start.

Greetings,
    Juergen

Quote Originally Posted by juergen

[...]

2. No setting to prevent XaraX from trying to connect to the Internet right away after start.
    Yepp, this is somewhat odd and prevents me from using the prog at the office of one of my customers, since they work behind a proxy.

Anyway, this behaviour really should have a toggle or something... just my two cents.

yours:maak.

Well, just do not post it here. Email it in to xara... It can still be fixed you know...

First impressions:

+ The likes of group transparency and shadow attributes are small features but long-desired and will be very helpful. hurrah.

+ Good on you for removing the navbar tool from the default toolbar, it never seemed to fit a vector app like X anyway. Now, why's that Pen tool still there? :-)

+ Live Effects: YES! Exactly what I wanted, I didn't expect them to be this fully-implemented.

+ I hope the announcements, whatever they are, will allow Xara to become more popular. It pains me to see talented designers struggling away with Illustrator and the 'shop.

+ However, you have made one big mistake. IT IS TOO CHEAP. :-)

- Installer fails with a -6005 error, which I fixed by following the instructions here:

http://earth.google.com/support/bin/...topic=0&type=f

I hate installers, especially unreliable ones that die with a useless error messages leaving broken processes running. I would *love* to also have access to a plain ZIP full of the actual files which I can just drop in Program Files.

- Seconded: please please allow all network access to be turned off. It's just not polite to keep connecting without asking. There must be room for it on Options -> Internet. I have no interest in demo movies anyway!

- Shame some effects seem to be available as locked only... and for some reason I can't get it to acknowledge the existance of the Photoshop 6 Polar/Rectangular Filter, which is sad as that's the last thing that's stopping me consigning 'shop to the bottom of the sea where it belongs.

Edit: one thing though... what happened to the XML file format thing? I was looking forward to that.
    Last edited by BobInce; 10 October 2005 at 08:29 PM. Reason: (added xml query)