Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

This is a very exciting product!

The speed improvements in this version are mind-blowing. You can now literally paint complex drawings with brushes in real time. The new caching system allows a complexity in the drawings that was never practical even with XaraX. The rendering speed is truly impressive. Kudos.

Something more simple like right-clicking and dragging on a shape, and left clicking to drop a copy is a new feature that I dont know how I did without.

The potential of the Live Effects tool is incredible.
    Last edited by Xhris; 04 October 2005 at 06:14 PM.

Preview Xtreme Here

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme-preview.png 
Views:	4534 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	20987  

Talking Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

Upgrade of the year for me!

Hi All,
    Well now you know what X2, sorry "Extreme", includes in its upgrade and what great news about PDF, what a wind up merchant that Charles Moir is with his statement last month in this forum that the upgrade would not include PDF.

The best new I think is the upgrade price what a steal at $29 dollars or the DVD at 10 dollers more. I wonder what included in the DVD version. This news is a great way to round up a good day at work and I was thinking about upgrading to Illustator CS2, I don't think now.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Well I said it would not include PDF import (it doesn't). I didn't say anything about PDF export, which it does. And the DVD version is actually 2 CDs, but in a DVD style box (instead of the card boxes we used to do). We'll post a full list of the contents of that at launch time

IMPORTANT

Charles, can I assume it can be installed side-by-side with other versions of Xara on our PCs without disrupting their functionality (so long as it is installed to a different program directory)?

As far as the PDF import goes, when/if it is available ... I'd easily shellout another $30 for that upgrade.
    Last edited by jclements; 04 October 2005 at 07:27 PM.

Slimming Regime (Diet)

I saved a 1/2 page color ad to PDF. File size 1.3MB

I opened the same PDF file in Illustrator CS (all the fonts came in perfect and as editable text--yeah!!!) and saved it as a PDF file. Size 9.02 MB.

There is a lot more to this than just file size, I'm sure, but the really great thing is now there is a way to bring Xara files into Illustrator where you can edit if necessary and save them as Illustrator files.

Gary

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Talking Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

WOW!

So much more. Everything seems to render faster. I'm already having too much fun with the Live Effect tool.

After playing with just one of the new features for one minute, my creative jucies are flowing with interesting ideas of where I could apply them.

Thank you to everyone who had a part in putting Xtreme together.

I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Yes it can be installed alongside older versions and does not interfere with them.

Unhappy Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

It all looks superb although to be fair it is mostly over my head.
    Now for my usual silly question. If I wish to create a 5cm double column advert and export it in PDF format, which incidentily is the format for our local newspapers, how do I estimate the size. I tried exporting a PDF of our latest ad and it ended up only exporting the centre portion of the ad.
    Regards
    AMO