Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

I think this forum might be interested in the next Xara X.

Well you can now get it. We have made a pre-release, pre-launch version available specifically to Forum users. This is a 15-day trial version you can download now.

This is the product that we will be formally announcing and releasing next week.

Please see Gary's preview of the features here:
    http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/xpreview/index.htm

Some important points to note:

• This product is ready for release which we hope to do next week. There are some minor updates that will appear in the final release next week:
    • The PDF export feature is not 100% complete.
    Specifically, some clipviews are not output correctly
    All layers are output into the PDF
    Stain and Bleach transparency in PDF files requires some more work
    • This is a fully working 15-day trial. You can't yet purchase it yet, but you will be able to once we make the official launch.
    • There is no website, or any other supporting material. That will appear when we launch.

You can download it from here: download
    It's a 21Mbyte download (sorry, but it contains some quite sizeable Live Effect and PDF plug-ins).

This product is tested and should be reliable. However if you do find *serious* problems (like it crashing) please email xtreme@xara.com with the details of how to reproduce the problem. Please do not post bug reports here in this forum.

Finally, the launch next week of this new product is only part of the story. The announcements next week are the most important in the 25-year history of Xara.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Charles Moir; 04 October 2005 at 06:05 PM.

Default Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

This is a very exciting product!

The speed improvements in this version are mind-blowing. You can now literally paint complex drawings with brushes in real time. The new caching system allows a complexity in the drawings that was never practical even with XaraX. The rendering speed is truly impressive. Kudos.

Something more simple like right-clicking and dragging on a shape, and left clicking to drop a copy is a new feature that I dont know how I did without.

The potential of the Live Effects tool is incredible.
    Last edited by Xhris; 04 October 2005 at 06:14 PM.

Preview Xtreme Here

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xtreme-preview.png 
Views:	4526 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	20987  

Talking Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

Upgrade of the year for me!

Charles, Gary:

Your sneak peak overview looks great. Have you developed a complete features list for Xara Xtreme?

Hi All,
    Well now you know what X2, sorry "Extreme", includes in its upgrade and what great news about PDF, what a wind up merchant that Charles Moir is with his statement last month in this forum that the upgrade would not include PDF.

The best new I think is the upgrade price what a steal at $29 dollars or the DVD at 10 dollers more. I wonder what included in the DVD version. This news is a great way to round up a good day at work and I was thinking about upgrading to Illustator CS2, I don't think now.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Well I said it would not include PDF import (it doesn't). I didn't say anything about PDF export, which it does. And the DVD version is actually 2 CDs, but in a DVD style box (instead of the card boxes we used to do). We'll post a full list of the contents of that at launch time

IMPORTANT

Charles, can I assume it can be installed side-by-side with other versions of Xara on our PCs without disrupting their functionality (so long as it is installed to a different program directory)?

As far as the PDF import goes, when/if it is available ... I'd easily shellout another $30 for that upgrade.
    Last edited by jclements; 04 October 2005 at 07:27 PM.

Slimming Regime (Diet)

I saved a 1/2 page color ad to PDF. File size 1.3MB

I opened the same PDF file in Illustrator CS (all the fonts came in perfect and as editable text--yeah!!!) and saved it as a PDF file. Size 9.02 MB.

There is a lot more to this than just file size, I'm sure, but the really great thing is now there is a way to bring Xara files into Illustrator where you can edit if necessary and save them as Illustrator files.

Gary

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Talking Re: Sneak peak of what's coming from Xara

WOW!

So much more. Everything seems to render faster. I'm already having too much fun with the Live Effect tool.

After playing with just one of the new features for one minute, my creative jucies are flowing with interesting ideas of where I could apply them.

Thank you to everyone who had a part in putting Xtreme together.

I love it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.