Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Newbie How do I Link a Menu Button

I have FrontPage2003 and xara webstyle4 I have got my project over to FrontPage but when I try to make a hyperlink to one of my buttons on my menu bar I can't make the hyperlink work. When I click on one of the buttons on my menu bar in FrontPage nothing happens, no highlight of the button just the whole menu bar high lights. When i put it up on my website the menu bar works great, but I have no links. I hope this makes sense to someone out there. Generator
    Last edited by Generator; 03 October 2005 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Make it more understandable

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Smile Re: Newbie How do I Link a Menu Button

You actually attach the link in Webstyle4. I know that this sounds kind of backwards, but when Webstyle creates the Java Script for your button, it includes the link at the same time.

When you edit your button in Webstyle, there should be a Menu option (or something like that, not on "My" computer right now) on the left hand side where you can edit text and colors etc. Click on this and you should be able to edit the URL here. Once you save your button again, it will save the Java Script with the new URL.

Hope this helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Newbie How do I Link a Menu Button

Eric, Thank you, I will try this right away and get back to you. It makes sense to me that this should work. Thanks again
    Frank