Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was told earlier this year or last year how to put the blend into the Effects menu dropdown and I've reset all my preferences to default and cannot remember how to put the blend back in. Can anyone help me?
    Marie
    IP

I was told earlier this year or last year how to put the blend into the Effects menu dropdown and I've reset all my preferences to default and cannot remember how to put the blend back in. Can anyone help me?
    Marie
    IP

Marie, I don't know about getting in under effects menu, but here's how to create shortcut. Tools/ Options/Customize/Shortcut Keys. Press the plus sign by effects in right hand window, and highlight blend. Go to the Press new shortcut key box, and type in whatever you want shortcut to be. Mine is Ctrl+B. Then click on Assign button, and press OK. Mike
    "You can't grill 'em, 'til you kill 'em"
    Ted Nugent
    IP

Marie

Ah the wonderful hidden functionality of the Draw 9 interface.

Happy to pass on the information that others here have taught me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

In the customize section of Draw, tools / options / workspace / customise, navigate to the menus section in the tree.

Selecting this should show menu configuration dialogue box and highlight the 'main menu' in the pull down menu on the right hand side of the dialogue as the first menu to customize.

Look down the entries, you should see a '+' next to the word effects, expanding this should show the existing effects menu entries.

On the left hand side of the dialogue box are all the entries you can add, navigate to effects, expand the folder and all the missing dockers, including blend are there.

While your at it you may as well add envelope, extrude and contour to the menu as well as there is some functionality in these dockers that cannot be achieved with the interactive tools / context sensitive property bar.

Also it is possible to backup your nice new workspace in case you have to do this again.

First before you alter the workspace create a new one named for example 'marie' based on the _default workspace and set it to current. Modify this until you are happy with it. Next goto explorer and navigate to the folder where Draw 9 was installed and in the Corel folder there should be a WORKSPACE folder, in this is there should be folder call DRAW9 and inside this will be a folder called 'MARIE' and an associated file of the same name (the extension of which eludes me at the moment) back up / copy this folder and file somewhere safe. If you have to reinstall / reset Draw 9 you simply copy this file and folder back to their original locations.

I'm working from memory here as Draw 9 is at home. I use Draw 7 at work, but I think the information is largely correct or at least I hope you can work out where my memory failed. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Peter

[This message was edited by Peter Clifton on August 16, 2000 at 01:18 AM.]
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

... you'll also notice when you go in to the optios dialog that there is a CorelDRAW 8 workspace included. If you are more familar with version 7 or 8 you can simply switch to that UI.

One item to note thought, Ctrl + A still brings up select all, not align and distribute with the 7 and 8 workspace. ooopss.

BigT
    IP

You guys are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you so much.
    Marie [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    IP