Maak, I've been posting little tips just about every time I post Images in the Xara gallery for CMYK Xara seps. But it's all so fragmented & who wants to read a bunch of old post searching for something like this?

I'd be more than willing to contribute to something of this nature. Although my area of print is different, there are similarities & parallels.

When separating Xara art in Xara. I've had to learn many different approaches for dealing with difficult Xara RGB related issues. Over time, "Necessity became my Mother of Invention". I'm Still learning as I go though... Every Graphic offers new challenges as I get bolder with the use of Xara RGB effects in the designs.

Regarding Export of Xara files. Much prep has to be done in Xara to get them to a point of export to other programs (unfortunate side effect). If I can get it into CMX safely, it can be transferred from Draw to pretty much any program or format that's needed, at least for me. Not every Xara drawing can make the transition. For the most part, it depends on the tools you used to create the file.

I have had success Exporting EPS files from Xara for simple one color or flat multi color designs. You have to prep the art first. No overlapping shapes or Xara RGB effects. (including Glass, mold, bevel, shadow & to some extent the contour tool). Basically the file has to be stripped down, everything converted to shapes or objects. It's allot of work but it can be done.

Fortunate for me I've learned to work in Xara without using the RGB tools. Or once used, converting them to shapes & breaking them apart so they can be taken across to other programs. You do what you have to do when the end game (Xara separation of art) rule or govern the creation process. If you wear the end game hat while working in Xara, it can be done. It creates a handicap of sorts but makes everything easier at the finish line (Seps)

If you can start the Guest Tutorial ball rolling Maak, I'll be right there with you. We can Tag team the thing, this is a subject that I may be able to contribute a great deal to. The more folks jumping in & helping the better. I"m sure many folks here have experience with printing & exporting of Xara files.