Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Template bundle problem

I recently bought the template bundle package and can't get it to unlock. I click on a dollar sign on one of the templates and it takes me to a page saying " Please click the back button below to return to Webstyle and the templates you have purchased will be unlocked. " I click on the back button and it opens a window saying " Updating design status, please wait " Then that's it. Nothing changes.

I went into my XaraClub/Re-download and unlock and it doersn't even list the template pack in there. Does anyone know how I can open the products I paid for? Any help would be appreciated because I can't get any from Xara..

Default Re: Template bundle problem

Quote Originally Posted by singletracker500
    I recently bought the template bundle package and can't get it to unlock. I click on a dollar sign on one of the templates and it takes me to a page saying " Please click the back button below to return to Webstyle and the templates you have purchased will be unlocked. " I click on the back button and it opens a window saying " Updating design status, please wait " Then that's it. Nothing changes.

I went into my XaraClub/Re-download and unlock and it doersn't even list the template pack in there. Does anyone know how I can open the products I paid for? Any help would be appreciated because I can't get any from Xara..
    I had the same problem. Tried clicking on the Xara icon (top left) as recommended in their support page, no help. I purchased the blasted templates (again), and still couldn't use them. Support sent an email with a stock answer which clearly indicated they had not read my email.

I re-installed Windows, then re-installed WebStyle from the CD. Now, every time I try to use WebStyle, it says I have to reboot. Doesn't matter how many times I reboot, or whether I tell it not to automatically logon. Registration says error contacting internet, error 0x80040154. WebStyle thinks there's a problem, but no other program has a problem connecting to the internet. I exited ZoneAlarm, just in case, same problem.

The other Xara programs work so well. If WebStyle was the only program acting this bizarre, I'd chalk it up to programmers on crack, and kiss my money goodbye. But I think there must be value here, just don't know how to get it going. Anybody have any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0001.JPG 
Views:	413 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	22303  

From reading many of the threads on this site, it seems that you and I are not the only ones who can't get any help from Xara. Seems once they have our money they don't care about their customers anymore. But I for one am not going to give them money for nothing. If I don't hear from them by tomorrow I'm calling my creditcard company and having them cancel payment. Funny thing is, I was going to order Xara Extreme right after I downloaded the templates. That's not likely to happen now.. Nor will I buy from them in the future or recomend them to friends.

Might have the solution.

If you have a project ongoing, go into Program files/Xara/Webstyle/WSTemplates and find you rproject name and save it somwhere else.

Go into your registry. Find Xara, find subfolder XMUPLOAD and make sure that your password and email address are correct.

Remove Xara from the harddrive competely. Switch off MS Windows auto update. Do your load. I had your error appear once. Couldn't get Webstyle to work, went to shutoff my computer and saw the "donot attempt to turn your computer off and after updates are installed "they will".

It is well docummented here and at Xara that a MS Windows update while loading or operating Webstyle can screw up a project or a load.