Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Webstyle 4 and new Dreamweaver 8

Good morning,

In the new Dreamweaver 8, to place a XARA Webstyle 4 menu bar, I only find the option in the graphical 'Insert' toolbar in the 'Common' section. Here DW-8 displays a Webstyle 4 icon to click to 'Insert Webstyle 4 Object'

Before I upgraded from Dreamweaver MX to DW-8 there was also an option in the DW-MX Text Pulldown Menu under 'Insert' with the option to 'Insert Webstyle 4 Object'

With no text option, selecting the graphic icon is the only way I see to start WS-4 from DW-8

It is a minor difference I can live with.
    Last edited by Mike in Houston; 27 September 2005 at 12:30 PM.

Strange. I dont get that problem at all. - have a look at the attachment. Lets see if others also encounter the same issue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dw8.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	20916  

Maybe if I completly uninstall then reinstall every bit of XARA Webstyle 4 I'll have a complete menu. Here is my screenshot, note the icon for XARA WS-4 on the menu bar but no text.

http://iconx.com/attachments/mih-screenshot.gif

My drop-down Insert menu looks identical and I also have the graphical WS4 icon. Interestingly enough, bb2 also has the graphical WS4 icon. I DID get used to the drop-down menu, but like you I can live without it. In any case, I have no need to make a choice between WS3 or MenuMaker (both of which I've purchased in the past), but which are now no longer in use.
    Take my advice. I'm not using it!

If you go to DWeavers common meu=nu you will see the webstyle logo, select it and away you go

Ian

Question Re: Webstyle 4 and new Dreamweaver 8

I have a full version of Dreamweaver 8 and Webstyle 4. When I went to place the WS4DwExCore.js and other such files in the folder WsDwExShared - I realized that there is no folder named WsDwExshared. Do I create one? Is this folder for the upgrade only?