Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

Just wondering about Xara X on CD. Will the content (clip art/photos/fonts/fills etc) be just a subset of that which was on the 1.5 upgrade CD, or can we expect something new?

Thanks,

Stu.

Hi,

Just wondering about Xara X on CD. Will the content (clip art/photos/fonts/fills etc) be just a subset of that which was on the 1.5 upgrade CD, or can we expect something new?

Thanks,

Stu.

Those people using ISPs connecting xara.com to the new server can see the CD's contents at http://www.xara.com/products/xarax/cd.asp

For those that can't see the new site yet, the page lists the following:

WHEN you buy a copy of Xara X, you'll be sent a CD-ROM containing the following goodies:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>Xara X full version [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - identical to the unlocked trial version, but requiring no unlock code to work
    <LI>3000 clipart images - including a collection of professionally-designed complete web page templates consisting of:
    [i]buttons
    headings
    dividers
    bullets[i]
    <LI>200 photos
    <LI>Hundreds of fills
    <LI>300 free fonts
    <LI>Help and movie tutorials - so that you can get the best out of the program
    <LI>Trial versions - of the other Xara products, as well as a movie demonstrating our BuyFonts font range[/list]
    All figures mentioned above are approximations.

Daniel,

Yes, I've seen the list of CD content. What I'm asking though is, for example, the "300 fonts" mentioned: are they going to be just a selection of the 500 TT/T1 fonts that I have on the 1.5 CD, or will they be *different* fonts? And Clipart - will we have new clipart or just what was on the 1.5 CD?

Stu.

I suspect that it will be a re-hash of what was available previously, with just a few changes to at least give a cosmetic impression of new material.

I'm not convinced Xara has the resources anymore to provide a completely new bundle - pity. Mind you, I don't think Corel has either!

With my copy of Paint Shop Pro and also Fireworks 3, there was almost nothing worthwhile bundled with them, so perhaps we should expect to pay for a graphics app. and also for clipart, photos, fonts etc as we need them. The wonderful Hemera Photo Objects are a "must have" and as for clip art, surely this is just a little cheezy now? Fonts? Well I bet most of us have more than enough in our personal armoury...

Xara X will be enough for this guy - he's waited too long to quibble!

Greg is right, who uses cliparts anyway ??
    And nobody needs a Xara-CD for fonts these days ..

As for Hemera PhotoObjects. I own the 10.000 collection since it was available and bought the 50.000 version last month.

Apart from Xara probably the best way to spend money. Simply excellent !

The one thing on the CD that I really need ist .... the PROGRAM ITSELF ... and fast !!

Wolfgang

I imagine the owners of version 2 will look forward to a CD. As for me - The actual program will suffice. Every morning I wake up before the alarm and dash to my system hoping to see a message from Xara or I-Us. Needless to say it's been a disappointing week. I hope they put us out of our misery soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a good clipart collection, Art Explosion 600,000 which comes on 29 CDs and has an excellent 1,500+ well indexed paper and CD based catalogue of all the vector images (330,000 of them)

For photographs, I find photos2go very reasonable - I think only $19 for a decent photo.