Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardian char

Ya I totally agree.Thing is I used volumetric light for the key light to get a sulphur type colour type atmosphere,but then I needed an orange glow from below,and the steam in the background,and it all got mixed together rather crappily.C4d has Pyro cluster{TP for other kinds} for the best types of volumetric cloud and steam/smoke etc,but it takes ages to setup and even longer to render,so I tried to cheat,but without it doesnt look right either,so its a catch 22 really,and quite an advanced type of atmosphere to take on,and I aint ILM

I agree with what has already been said. Good job Stu!

Agreed, no one here is "ILM" we'd all love access to their computing power, etc....but if compositing in PS is allowed in the competition then there's plenty of options to correct those things mentioned....if not, why not try out Pyro cluster even if a render takes a day? Anything which could do more justice to the lighting and the picture's 3D look would be worth it...surely the G5 ought to handle it. Would think it would be worth the experiment anyway...just MHO. Keep up the good work!
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain