Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corel PSP X

Default Re: Corel PSP X

Hi Sally,
    Were you talking about the pencil effect or something else. Here is a ready to paint black & white pencil of a Persimmon tree. GT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Backyardnuttree98Pen.jpg 
Views:	1118 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	20717  
    IP

i like this now psp its really cool! love the new stuff
    IP

I currently use PSP 7.04 and tried to visit the JASC website for upgrade info only to find out about the Corel acquisition.

Corel PSP X is clearly targeted to digital photo use, which is not what I mainly use PSP for (general image editing). What happened to the other functionality?!!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by drhansenjr
    I currently use PSP 7.04 and tried to visit the JASC website for upgrade info only to find out about the Corel acquisition.

Corel PSP X is clearly targeted to digital photo use, which is not what I mainly use PSP for (general image editing). What happened to the other functionality?!!
    The functionality is still there, just moved around into different categories or drop-down menus. I haven't found anything missing in PSP X that was already in an earlier version. Jasc did a major layout change with version 9, so it now looks more like PI or Photoshop with all the floating palettes and boxes.
    IP

Red face Re: Corel PSP X

Quote Originally Posted by drhansenjr

Hi.....I was following this thread. drhansenjr's comment about having PSP 7.4 and wanting to upgrade but finding out about the semi-new Corel ownership. Well, I'm a new owner of PSP 7.4 Don't have system requirements to support 9 or 10. As I did a little researching I discovered interesting feedback that applied to my interests. I'm mostly interested in finer-arts abilities; alot of the feedback was saying that 7 & 8 did these jobs really well--that the upgrades to 9 & 10 weren't worth it (finer-arts emphasis). I'm just loving my new paint program. And I'm brand new to this web site so it's this forum / thread system that's using up my energy in learning how to use. Here, I'm going to attempt to upload my first work that isn't a practise piece:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Floral3.png 
Views:	931 
Size:	433.1 KB 
ID:	22732  
    IP

7. Flaw -- In working with some large files, I found that my plug-ins became inoperable -- listed but grayed out on the plug-in menu dropdown. In some cases, shutting down PSP X and restarting allowed plug-in operation to begin again. In one case, however, the computer had to be rebooted for the plug-ins to become available again. No such problem in PSP 9.
    Corel is aware of the above problem...They told me to disconnect from their browser and all will work ok...Hope the correction is completed soon..
    IP

There has been a lot of discussion of this issue in the newsgroups. It is a bug for which, fortunately, there is a simple workaround: select the "hide browser palette on file open" option (accessed via File-Preferences-General Program Preferences-Browser Palette). You'll now need to hit CTRL-B to bring up the browser or click on the filing cabinet icon in your toolbar but your plug-ins should always show up properly.

The gist of the bug is that if the browser palette is open when you close PSPX the plug-ins are unavailable the next time you open the program. The other workaround for this is to remember to shutdown the browser palette every time you exit PSPX, but I find this risky as I often forget
    IP

Just a note that there is an update for PSPX that apparently fixes this problem. I've just downloaded it and am installing it...
    IP

I can confirm that this issue has been resolved (although I initially thought it hadn't).
    IP

Default Corel PSP X

i need help with something. i only bought corel psp x a couple days ago and i don't know how to use custom brushes. i downloaded some sets, unzipped them. and now i don't know what to do next. can anybody help me? i'm used to working with jasc psp 7. does it work the same way?
    IP