Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default how to lighten a pic?

i'm useing psp 7, and i need to lighten a pic so that i can see everyone in it...
    anyone know how i can go about it without messing the image up?
    IP

Default Re: how to lighten a pic?

Zedo

you can play around with a variety of features without altering the original photo. have you used the main menu under Effects--particulary Enhance Photo or the main menu under Color--Adjustment and other features of Color? you can also experiment with blend modes on each Layer Property dialog box. playing with a variety and combination of all these features can probablly produce what you want.

you'll want to be aware that lightening your photo to enhance a certain aspect of it may very well change other parts or distort other parts of the final outcome

now if you are working with a single digital photo (as opposed to something you've scanned) which you received as an email attachment--first make copies of your photo attachment to ensure you always have an original

about using a photo of your own from a digital camera--I would think the process would be the same, but I don't have a d. camera myself.

AND perhaps more experienced individuals on the forum here could give you better or even simpler advice

welcome to talkgrapics,
    nance
    Last edited by TwidderBird; 02 May 2006 at 10:40 AM.
    IP

I never alter an original, I work with copies. I make at least two copies and set the mode to Screen on the top layer and this automatically lightens the picture below it. If you need more lightening, just duplicate this, if it is too much, pull back on the slider for transparency.

You can also use levels, it works pretty well for most things, but using layers and the screen mode is about as easy as it gets.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

ok, thanks
    IP