Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Missing export file type?

I opened Draw today to make some shape I wanted to save as a ttf file for one 3D program which only accepts fonts and creates 3d files out of them. I was surprised that the export, save or save as options didn't include .ttf file in the file list. I know I've done this before, but now Draw don't have the option anymore. Very strange. Anybody got any idea why it's gone???
    Do I have to reinstall Draw or is it something else....
    IP

Default Re: Missing export file type?

Grafixman, I think you told us you have version 11. I have both 9 and 12 and I can export in either format.

Don't know what it may be, did you convert to curves first?
    IP

I have CD11 installed. Actually, it's reinstalled on the new HD after the old one decided to call it quits.. Maybe it was a bad install, but I never heard of such a thing. Everything else works.
    I also tried the repair function on the install disk... it went through the process, I rebooted the PC and still no .ttf save or export option. I also went to the preferences settings and associated file types... no .ttf there, too. Even to the part where you can add and delete displayed file type import/export filters...no .ttf...
    IP

Grafixman, you probably don't have the TTF filter installed. Try doing a custom install from the CD, select only the filter your looking for to be installed.
    IP

. Tried a custom install to intall every export/import filter from the disk, but install shield kept giving a script error.
    Last resort was to go through the whole shebang of uninstalling, cleaning the registry and doing a fresh install... That got it fixed.
    Thanks for the help ppl. .
    I guess some things just have to be done the hard way. At least it wasn't some nasty bug eating away the program...
    IP