Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default improbable trees

This image has been produced in MS Acrylic, which at the moment I think is the best thing ever; but there again I was thrilled with 'Paint' when I first had a PC, so don't take my word for it.
    It is not a photograph, it was completely manufactured using samples from 'a' photograph and texture brushes etc.
    When it's released it will most likely be over priced, but at the moment it's free and up for grabs.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	20282  
    Last edited by masque; 22 August 2005 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: improbable trees

thats very impressive!
    Mike
    see my photoblog http://kcmcomp.com

Derek!

That's really good! The funny thing is that even though you used a different application, I can still see "you" in there, especially in the colours!

I know the E3 images on PP was a mixed bag... So, I'm curious, did you pick it up back then or with the MS beta release?

No time for new apps right now... But if MS slaps a big price tag on it - I'll come to you for the last 'freebie' executable! I should find time for it - eventually!

Thanks for sharing!

Derek,

That new Avatar is disgustingly good.

I did D/L the beta version, but haven't had a lot of time to experiment with it. From your example above, it looks like a very versatile app.

Egg

Hmmmm... Microsoft make a decent graphic app? I might just have to DL this to see for myself. If it works, then the UI gotta be garbage.

Yea, I know... I am extremely prejudice against MS graphics apps. Although Dereks pic is mighty tempting.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 23 August 2005 at 09:41 AM.

Risto
    I downloaded Expression3 sometime ago but achieved nothing, but Acrylic seems a lot more intuitive, (or I'm trying harder).

Egg
    Avatar is an old xara creation currently being reworked in Acrylic as an experiment.

John
    Acrylic is a Creature House rather than MS application I believe, but who ever takes reponsibility for it, all I know is that it's a joy to use, speaking as someone who never achieved anything approaching a finished image with Photoshop, Photopaint, Paintshop Pro, Ilustrator, ____________, fill in with anything else you can think of that isn't Xara Studio onwards.
    They are also listening to user feedback and modifiying or correcting bugs in successive releases of the beta. Problems in some areas meant I couldn't easily produce that tree image a week or so ago, unless that was just my computer combined with hot weather, which I don't rule out.

Derek
    Last edited by masque; 23 August 2005 at 07:13 AM.

I have been limited to the on time for my 'puter also... the cool weather is coming just around the corner.