Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Tri Map

Default Re: Tri Map

John,

The stablizer mode is only in handheld. The test would be on or off in handheld. I'm not stable, and the non mode doesn't produce much of anything useable.

I found a piece of dust on the viewer. The part that the mirror send light to when viewing. I could see a dark spot on the view. It didn't affect the sensor. I also found a piece of lint in the sensor cavity. Had to go out in the sunlight to get enough illumination to see the pieces.

I spent most of the day yesterday at jury summons. They had called too many people, and everyone coudn't fit in the court room. The judge excused several dozen people at random. I went for a walk in the forest with the kids.

Rich

Hi Rich,

then take one with and without the tripod. If I have a choice, I grab the tripod. WEnt out the other day with the family to take shots of the fall colors... Really hard taking shots out the window while doing 55. they spent most of the time eating and gambling, not taking pics...

This critter landed on the eve, and I wasn't able to position the tripod. I put two legs on a highter support, and did the best I could. Of course, it was in the shade and the wings were moving. Terrible conditions. I don't see this type very often, and they don't land on the bush. They are only available for a few seconds. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BO0037.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	20866  

Turned out pretty nice anyway Rich... Pretty flutterby...

On the tripod with the remote switch. It must be me introducing too much movement. Part of getting older today, I guess. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0045.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	20927  

Hey Rich,

I had to stare long and hard to see any blurriness. So you must not have moved it much. Could you use a faster shutter speed? My camera takes a IR remote, Is yours a cable?

PS it would look good to most peoples... including me.

John,

The camera uses a cable release. The one I have is about two feet. There is a cable available that is about 100 feet long for wildlife photographing. Even on a tripod, I don't do very well. So, the cable helps. The lens is somewhat long at 400mm, and I can see some movement. I was using the carbon fiber tripod, and that helps, too. The sensor cleaning materials are due Monday.

Rich

i have been toying with the idea of getting the remote shutter release. Maybe I will get it for me birthday.

Me B-day was Yesterday. Only thing I got was excused from jury duty. Better than nothing, I guess. Rich

Happy be-lated birthday Rich! I must have missed it on the forum notifications. Hope it was a good one!