Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Kudos to Anthony

I cannot even conceive of what it took to get these forums transferred over to the new software.

Bravo Anthony and thanks for all the hard work.

Gary
    Last edited by AntonyF; 21 August 2005 at 06:32 PM.

Default Great Job

Nice work Anthony!! The change over is fabulous..I had no problems at all.
    Jim

i will second that... three cheers for AntonyF...

I'll join in also - great job!

You must be relieved! No more depending on other people... You can do it yourself now, and with the help of vBulletin support. If they went through all the agony with you of getting all this moved from infopop, I'm sure anything else you ask of them will be a walk in the park!

Thumbs up Hurray for Antony

Everything is running smoothly. The only thing is that I couldn't find TalkGraphics yesterdayevening. I got this message: -The requested URL /eve/ubb.x was not found on this server-. I tried TalkGraphics.com and there you all were! Could that be a problem for less frequent users, if they're not redirected?

Jolande

Yes, I'd like to say well done, too. The forums are fast, and it must have been real worry that the transition would throw up all sorts of problems. But from where I'm sitting, it looks to have been a bump-free move. Jolly well done, Anthony.

Mike

Thanks everyone, I really do appreciate your comments. It makes the hard work worth it. However you must all thank Jerry at vBulletin too. He has put in a lot of time on keep updating the filters, I'm surprised he didn't give up loooong ago.

joto, it takes a time for the domain to propagate properly for everyone everywhere.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Again, congrats Anthony and Jerry

Had no troubles with the migration either. Browsed to the XaraX/X1 board yesterday and it was gone, so I figured we'd left infopop and are on our way to vB. So I checked out talkgraphics.com and all was good

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Okay then -- Thanks to Jerry too!

Antony - I think most of know you tried many test migrations that were frustrating and time consuming for you. I think most of us also know the efforts to not loose years of postings was almost completely for the benefit of this community. Please know those efforts are appreciated.

Regards, Ross

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF
    joto, it takes a time for the domain to propagate properly for everyone everywhere.
    That's not what he meant - try following an old bookmark to the XaraX forum for example, you'll get a default 404 without explanation... you just need to put a note there to explain to people that they need to re-do their bookmarks and links.