Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

hello,
    i currently own a 21" Apple Studio CRT, which is beginning to "flicker/surge" and after checking out the posts on the Apple site have found that many people have this issue and eventually the monitor dies.

THEREFORE, i am looking into other monitors and am having a hard time finding out what is best for the graphic designer/digital photographer's use. as far as 21" + CRT monitor brands go. i have looked at tech specs, but as far as manufacturer goes i'm clueless.

ANY input would be oh so helpful!!
    THANKS!

hello,
    i currently own a 21" Apple Studio CRT, which is beginning to "flicker/surge" and after checking out the posts on the Apple site have found that many people have this issue and eventually the monitor dies.

THEREFORE, i am looking into other monitors and am having a hard time finding out what is best for the graphic designer/digital photographer's use. as far as 21" + CRT monitor brands go. i have looked at tech specs, but as far as manufacturer goes i'm clueless.

ANY input would be oh so helpful!!
    THANKS!

I am not. But I have had success with Samsung monitors. I find them easy to adjust with precision for a display that is generally consistent with my printer output, and their colour is very crisp and clear. My previous monitor was a Samsung 15", and my current monitor is a Samsung 19". I used the previous one for about two years, with absolutely no discernible degradation in quality. And I am very satisfied with my 19", even though it is the base model in Samsung's line. A final, but important twofold benefit of Samsung monitors is their affordability and their availability, as most major sellers of PC's stock them.

Glen.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

I use Iiyama Vision Master Pro510 22" monitors both at home and at work.
    They are very clear, and very reliable.
    If that particular model is still available, I would highly recommend it.

Chris

So I took Glens advice and did a little research.

Here is a good place that has free shipping and features the SyncMaster 950b by Samsung, 19" for $220.00, regularly $279.00.

The Monitor Outlet

Let us know how it goes, OK?? I for one would be interested.

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---