Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Does anyone know how to select/create a path, etc. that won't have the white pixel edge outline around it? I came across atutorial acouple of months ago in either a magazine or online and can't seem to find it. and need to know to finish a job I'm working on. Thanks.s
    IP

Does anyone know how to select/create a path, etc. that won't have the white pixel edge outline around it? I came across atutorial acouple of months ago in either a magazine or online and can't seem to find it. and need to know to finish a job I'm working on. Thanks.s
    IP

Can you please site an example of your problem?
    From what you've typed, it's hard to tell exactly what you're having a problem with.

The only thing i can think of you might be reffering to, is "turning off the Path".

If this doesn't sound like something you're familiar with, do this:

With your Path created, and the Paths palette open, click the small arrow top-right of the palette. In there choose "Turn off Path" (PS5+).

I believe that in PS6 Paths get turned off automatically when you click on a Layer.

I have never seen a Path get either Stroked or Filled and leave an unwanted fuzzy edge. So, until you can site an example for us, this is my best guess.

Mark...
    IP

Mark, not sure, but maybe the writer is referring a halo around a selection instead of a path. When the selection is pasted over a darker background the white halo will be evident.

If this is the case, one of the easiest things to do is to shrink or contract your selection to get rid of these pixels. Do this by using select>modify>contract by 1 or 4 pixels (depends on res of your image).

Feathering of a selection can also be helpful, but usually the contract method works well.

Now if only I could do that in real life. Gained a little weight over christmas....no problem. Apply the weight be-gone filter. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Beth
    IP

hi j

i'm not sure what you mean but here is a couple of ways.

lets say we select an image and cut it out ready for pasting into another images eg: new background,
    what happens when photshop cuts the image, it brings with it anti aliased pixels to soften the image if we have feathered the selection however the colour of those pixels may not be the right colour of your new background so this is what we do.

SOLUTION #1

After cutting and pasting your new image into the new bkgrd go to the menu and select
    LAYER - MATTING - DEFRINGE
    defringe will give you a choice of pixels, just enter an amount you want. normally i will only use 1 to 3 and you will find the your new image blends nicley into the background and will not look like it is not supposed to be there.

we use this function always when doing alot of deep etching for catalogues etcs

SOLUTION #2

you will also notice in the same menu under defringe is an option called REMOVE BLACK MATTE and another one called REMOVE WHITE MATTE.
    these work almost the same. except you do not have to enter an amount it is automatic. again these remove the white or black edge pixels yu are talking about.

even if you contract your selection at the time of cutting you will find that by defringing the edge pixels you will almost always get a better looking professional image

hope this helps

cheers kev [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Kev Borg on April 28, 2001 at 04:39 AM.]

[This message was edited by Kev Borg on April 28, 2001 at 04:44 AM.]
    IP