Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I tries this:

form_id = "FORM_CONTACT";
    myLoadVars = new LoadVars();
    myLoadVars.send("../cgi-bin/test.txt");

Hoping that the form_id variable would be sent to a file called test.txt.

But this does not work either.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything wrong with this script?

I was hoping I could get somewhere if I could just send a variable out of FLASH into a file!

Turan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh. That's tough. Which FLASH version are you using? If it's 4 or 5, I can continue to help.

How do you know that the cgi does receive your data?

Something else: I guess you've transferred your *.cgi via ftp to the server. This **must** be done as a textfile, not as binaries or anything else.

Once on the server - provided that the cgi actually does receive the data - you should do a chmod. Either with your ftp if it can handle these commands, or with telnet or you should ask your provider.

chmod 755 my_form.cgi

or whatever your cgi name will be.

Reason: the file on the server must be able to read and write. Usually all files transfered to your server's cgi-bin are not 755 or 777, so they can't write - which they must if you need an output, because the cgi will send the data to the mail server.

Did you check the path to your cgi? Some providers don't disclose it, so /mydomain.com/cgi-bin is not always true. In addition you need to know where your sendmail is located on the server.

I'll attach a 'helper' cgi for you to check your server. Instructions are included.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--
    IP