Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi All--

It struck me recently that some of the success of certain images on this leg of TalkGraphics is dues to properties that not all 3D rendering programs support.

And therefore some of us might be left with liking a piece, or not, but not knowing the reason why.

Sure, you got your composition and lighting, but what about atmosphere, depth of field, noise (many 3D models look unreal 'cause the colors are too pure. Photos have grain, hence noise), animation, and so on?

Is there interest in sharing what we know about the mechanics of 3D? I would be happy to share what I know from years of talking to engineers (I realize this is dangerous to do<g>), all for the sake of helping us all express what Alvy (PIXAR) Smith calls "Visualization solutions". 3D helps people see things in ways that cannot be described verbally or even in XARA; to me, the capability to express an idea in many different ways is TRUE "multimedia", and not simply sounds and pictures and interactivity.

Want more on any of the topics I've listed?

My Best,

Gary David Bouton
    www.boutons.com
    Gary@GaryWorld.com
    Visit a really large gallery at www.GaryWorld.com!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dessert.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	17008  
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

Hi Gary, others...

I agree with your observations above Gary. So true indeed are they. I'm willing to share what i've learned. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mark...

I would be very interested in learning from everyone's experience.