Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centipede

Hi Gary,

I did make the corn, it is a brush I made awhile back and never got around to posting.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

From the fog of Cornwall is coming this very rare "cornworm", which exclusively eats genetically manipulated corn!

Soquili, do you agree that I put your so nice corn brush on the Swap Shop (toghether with some predators)?

Kind regards,

ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	camoufla.jpg 
Views:	304 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	13328  

Hi Ivan,

That's a mean looking worm you've created [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Yes, I agree. It would be an honor to have the corn brush on the Swap Shop.

In the Cherokee language the word for corn is Selu, which in the Cherokee creation stories is the name of the first woman.

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Ivan, convert the image to edible, er no, make that editable shapes, ungroup the shadow, then apply stained glass transparency to the shadow.

Other than that tiresome bit of nit-picking on my part, your GMO (genetically modified organism) looks like one mean insect.

Soquili. My apologies. You had me fooled it looked so real and so perfect.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

Hello Soquili,

Many thanks for your Cheerokee informations. I have sown your Selu

Here

I only joined the objects I used to create the attached image in the Swap Shop as a bonus in the file, but without modifying your original brush.

Friendly yours and many thanks for all of us,

ivan

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ivan - Your corn worm makes an excellant commentary on the issue of genetically modified crops. Perhaps you should submit the image to some of your horticultural journals.

Egg - Those ani-worms in the circle are downright creepy! I imagine they are what eye parisites look like. YUCK!

Big Frank - I love your animated centipede. An interesting variation could be to have one centipede coming in from the left as the other moves off to the right. It could be done in such a way that when the multiple copies of the animated gif are side-by-side-by-side it would looks like a continuous march of bugs.

Soquili - That corn looks amazing. I think we need a mini-tutorial on how to draw corn! I nominate you to tell us how. I hope you are up to it!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Gary - I honestly don't know why you would apologize, unless it was my incorrect use of English in my post that caused you to think I was offended. I took your earlier post as a compliment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    English is mostly my first language, but I get confused sometimes, it must be the old age creeping up on me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ross - If you think a mini-tutorial about corn would be of help to someone, I'll gladly squeeze it into my schedule. Let me see; daytime job, nighttime job, playing with Xara, reading posts on Talkgraphics. Yeah, I can to it! I'll just postpone sleep until next week. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Egg - I like your animated worms. I just wonder if they are any good at catching fish.

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update