Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Gary - does your real lighter have the Korean flag design on it? I've seen some like that.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

... absolutely amazing! A lighter has never looked so good!

That would be the best tutorial, yet! How about a Zippo/"Rippo" tutorial for December - as a Xaraxone grand finale for 2001? That would give you time to build the tutoral bit by bit.

Risto

The lighter has a red enameled ractangle glued onto it with a single one star. On the back is engraved in both Korean (Hongul) and English:

Presented by
    Brig Gen Seo Sang Kook
    Commanding General
    5th ROK (Republic of Korea) Mar Bde

I think the lighter is too complex for a tutorial, I suppose I could try to simplify it, but it might be a good Guest Tutorial, like Big Frank's VW Splittie where I could highlight some of the techniques used. To be honest it was such a right-brained experience I would really have a devil of a time trying to reconstruct it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Rarely So Humble...

I know what you mean Gary, a lot of the complex pieces I make are just that, complex! A little too much for a tutorial, but a little bit of the techinque would make us all the smarter I'm sure! Anyway, just thought I'd try my flame on your lighter, works better that way because I don't think I could create a lighter quite that good!
    The flame is I think self explanetory, but I might just be saying that because I made it, any questions just ask. It is a LITTLE too big of a flame for your zippo but I don't think you'll mind! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lighter3.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	193.1 KB 
ID:	12154  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Great flames Steve. I think a brief description of how you achieved would benefit us all (basically I'm jealous and want to know your technique :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

That's HOT Steve!!! I think you owe Gary a detailed mini-tutorial (as you nicely did with your masterful cloud technique). I say "owe" because he saved you the work of drawing your own Zippo. To prove you pay your debts I think it is appropriate for you to post your retribution in this public forum were it can be witnessed by fellow xartists who observed your disregard of the Priester-man's copyright [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Gary - Sir, don't you think a really great "fire" thread could emerge if Steve posts a mini-tutorial? It is an exciting xara-xara world! I doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight...

Regards, Ross

yes, yes, I do owe Gary a thank you! However, a fire tutorial is on its way, just need to find some time! We have exams due next week and need to start working on them (yuck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] ) Oh well, I'll live I'm sure. Glad you liked my cloud tutorial, and Gary... I'm sorry for infringing on your copyright!lol
    ttyl, bye

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

No problem, Steve.

Good luck with your exams. What school are you attending?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

I go to GlenOak, first building was on Glenwood, the second was on Oakwood and they joined the to buildings two be in the same district on different campuses to be called GlenOak, home of the Green and Gold [eagle]. C-ya

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-