Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have recently ordered a new Wacom Intuos2 graphics tablet. Supposedly it comes bundled with ProCreate's Painter Classic. Does anyone know what the differences are between Painter Classic and Painter 7? I normally am a PhotoShop user but I saw a demo of Painter 7 and I was really impressed with the look and feel of the application especially when it came to emulating different real-world mediums like water-color, oils & pastels.
    IP

I have recently ordered a new Wacom Intuos2 graphics tablet. Supposedly it comes bundled with ProCreate's Painter Classic. Does anyone know what the differences are between Painter Classic and Painter 7? I normally am a PhotoShop user but I saw a demo of Painter 7 and I was really impressed with the look and feel of the application especially when it came to emulating different real-world mediums like water-color, oils & pastels.
    IP

Hi,

Painter Classic 2, which is probably the version you'll get, is based on Painter 7 and uses the same Water Color technology as Painter 7.

There are only a few brush variants in each category, though, as Painter Classic is a very limited introduction to what full Painter versions offer.

Unlike Painter Classic 1, extra brushes can't be loaded into Painter Classic 2. About the only brush adjustments that can be made are brush size and opacity, maybe the grain slider (how much paper texture is picked up with brushstrokes for brush variants that do pick up paper texture.. or "Grainy" brush variants.

Other materials are also limited compared to full Painter versions.

The Clone painting feature is available, though with not so many options as in full versions.

If you really want to paint and do other artwork, the best bet is to buy Painter 7, though you can do some nice things even with Painter Classic 2.

Please pay us a visit at my two sites, both devoted to Painter. The URLs are below my signature (I think, since I haven't checked my profile in a while. If not, here they are:

http://www.pixelalley.com

http://www.tutoralley.com

Good luck with Painter, Classic or 7. It's a great program.

Jinny Brown

PixelAlley's Section Links Page
    Online Painter Classes Open for Enrollment at TutorAlley.com
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thanks for the info. That's exactly what I wanted to know.
    IP