Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Raw shooter

My E10 saves in TIF and JPG. I haven't used TIF because of the file size. They save at 10MB, and the JPG at about 800KB. The TIF is uncompressed.

Saving the data from the sensor (raw) is available in the Canon 20D. You would have to look at specific camera. For the 20D, it is a camera program setting to save in the raw format. Otherwise, the raw data gets processed to JPG.

It is a camera function, if available, not an application. An application is used to read and modify the sensor data.

I think I saw something in PSP about raw files, too. I have other applications that may have that capability, also. This is new to me, and I have been reading about the capability.

Rich

Hey Rich,

would you mind posting the results/comparison of the two modes here or in the non-xara forum. I would like to see if there is a big diffrerence between the two. Is it a big difference like manual and automatic modes or is it a minor difference like 100% jpg/tiff.

This must be an expensive camera, mine is a simple HP.

Hello Rich,

I also have a 20D. I have been using the raw program you mentioned. It is by far one of the better raw converters, it is better than the two programs that came with the camera from Canon. The amazing thing is that it is free. Raw format offers allot more options in correcting and adjusting your image. The only disadvantage is the file size. I usually shoot a high quality jpg and a raw image and wind up with 13-15 mb per image. If I'm traveling and space is a problem I just shoot a high quality jpg.

You can get RawShooter directly from pixmatec's website http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawshooter.html

I would suggest anyone that shoots in raw format get this free program. You can check and see if your camera is supported on their website.

Joel

"This must be an expensive camera, mine is a simple HP." - Availor

Most of your average computers are cheaper than these cameras. They are talking about Digital SLR Cameras. The bottom of the line one feels like you got it out of a ceral box as a free prize. It costs about a grand US. The top of the line model MSRP is $10,000 just for the camera body, no lenses, no flash, no flash memory. They have either the 2nd or 3rd from the top.

The thumbnails from these cameras is enough to make one drool. Even over Rich's bug shots. When you can make out the individual hairs on the back of a bug, you know you have an expensive camera!

In addition, the 20D has interchangeable lenses. This was a shot with a 100mm macro lens with an additional macro lens out front. The camera was set on a tripod with a focusing rail, and a remote switch used to activate the camera. I believe this was in aperature mode to improve the depth of field. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21_H_White_Butterfly7.jpg 
Views:	1326 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	12229  

Hey Rich,

You make me <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green</span> with envy... I am lucky if mine makes it look like a bug.

That's it... Rich is a bug Paparazzi...

HOLY S*** ! What kind of Zoom is this?! X20? WOW!!!

We have only had a few minutes of sun, and I have been trying to take a few raw shots (CR2 for the 20D). This was edited with the 2.4 PSCS raw plugin. Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blossom0690a.jpg 
Views:	1249 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	5130  

looks Pretty Good. Did you do double shots for a comparison? Or no time?