Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I need to learn Photoshop and then Maya. Inside photoshop has me a bit confused. I need some kiind of good tutorial for the beginner.

Advice appreciated,

mike
    IP

I need to learn Photoshop and then Maya. Inside photoshop has me a bit confused. I need some kiind of good tutorial for the beginner.

Advice appreciated,

mike
    IP

Hi Mike,

I only have one PS book: "Photoshop 4 - Studio Secrets". But that's not a beginners book though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

My best suggestion would be to go to some of the onLine book store sites and search through their content for books pertaining to Photoshop. Then, below all the ordering info and stuff, read the various reviews that folks who've boughten the book write. Usually those will give you a good indication of whether the book is good, bad, beginner, advanced, etc...

Hope that helps.

Hopefully though someone else reads your post who HAS a bought a book or two for Photoshop.

Take care,
    Mark...
    IP

That makes sense. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks,

mike
    IP

The "Classroom in a Book" series is a popular choice.
    IP

Well, i think that the best way to learn Photoshop is to learn in by trail and error. YMMV, but i took 2 years playing around with it until i got to knowing it fully.

If you really want to learn it quick, Inside Photoshop 5.5 (New Riders) is quite a good book. Lots of step by step procedures, although the new Inside Photoshop 6 is out.
    IP

The photoshop classroom in a book series is very good if you are a bit bewildered by photoshop as it takes you through all the basics in a very hands on way. You will feel like you are really learning something. However after you move on to something deeper like The Photoshop Bible you will think that the CIB book was a bit shallow and overpriced. Just ignore the colour management bit until you get photoshop 6 which is more savvy in that dept. I'd recommend Inside PS6 (new riders)
    IP

I'd recommend 'Look & Learn Photoshop' by Deke McClelland, which is a handy reference to have beside your desktop. It covers ver 6.0 though. Don't let its slim size fool you. It has excellent step-by-step examples. For bedtime reading, i'll recommend Photoshop Bible (fatter and more detailed volume) by the same author. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

cheers!

gerard
    IP