Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm told that the Painter Team are passionate about Painter.

So why the F#@% are there no patches yet?

I'd be happy if they would just stop my brush from spontaneously defaulting to the eraser.
    IP

Hi,

This thread at CGTalk's Corel Painter forum contains a post from Corel Painter Program Manager Rick Champagne in which he mentions the possibility of a patch/update:

Thread Name: Why I get ugly airbrush in IX ?

I once had a problem similar to yours with an Eraser variant and it turned out to be something I did without realizing I was doing it. I think it might have been when I flipped my stylus upside down to use the top end as an eraser. Since that's not my usual practice, it could be that I clicked something in the process and messed things up.

I suppose you must have done this already, but try restoring the brush variant to its default state. Then, if you continue having the problem, instead of using the top end of your stylus to erase, drag your most used Eraser variants onto a Custom Palette and click an icon when you need to erase.

That's all I can think of other than restoring Painter IX to its installed state by holding down the Shift key while launching.

Note that doing holding down the Shift key while launching Painter IX will remove all of your custom preferences and custom folders and files from the User folder. You might want to make a backup of the Painter IX User folder somewhere outside of both the Painter IX Application/Program folder and the Painter IX User folder first so you can restore those folders and files to the User folder later.
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Painter 9.1 update has been released. Rich
    IP

hi rich
    can you help me im designer and i need xara x program
    i can purchase it but it dosnt exist in my country and the elecronic trade not avaliable .
    ok bye and thank however .diab
    IP

diad,

I am just a member, you might ask Anthony. Rich
    IP

Finally but I see no mention of the eraser problem

Jinny, the erasure problem has been with me since I installed the trial version. It has continued with the boxed update.

I do not use the erasure on the back of the pen. In fact I have it turned of in the Wacom prefs, This doesn't stop a brush from spontaneously turning into an eraser though.

Glad to see they fixed the incremental zoom size it was driving me mental. 102% Jesus H Christ.
    IP