Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hot off the press, Recreating (and improving upon the Apple Aqua Gel button image.

The April Xara Tutorial

April's Featured Artist is none other than our own resident architect and Xarartist Supremo, Ross Macintosh.

Comments are always welcome.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	final_gel.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	19877  

Hot off the press, Recreating (and improving upon the Apple Aqua Gel button image.

The April Xara Tutorial

April's Featured Artist is none other than our own resident architect and Xarartist Supremo, Ross Macintosh.

Comments are always welcome.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Ever So Humble...

Gary, that's a GREAT gel-button - congrats!

Though I bet I could have done it . . . without cheating with bitmaps!

:-)

K

[This message was edited by Klaus Nordby on March 31, 2001 at 05:58 PM.]
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>April's Featured Artist is none other than our own resident architect and Xarartist Supremo, Ross Macintosh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice work, Ross...

But those boats at the Waterfront Condos have got their sails sheeted for almost opposite wind directions! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Gary - Excellant tutorial!!

Ross - Great work!! I like the boat, even if Peter says the sails are sheeted incorrectly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Yo Peter - I have on other renderings done things much more stupid. Once I had a car going up a one way street the wrong way. Another time I drew a nice BMW into the forground. Problem was I drew a left hand drive whereas the project was in Bermuda where cars have right hand drive.

I never noticed the sheeting of the sails. Those boats actually originated from CorelDraw clipart (I think). They were manipulated somewhat but remain clipart. In defense of clipart, the architectural renderings were all drawn in a office environment where time is money. The goal is to at least meet client expectations and do so in the minimum time possible. In that context, finding a reasonably compatible piece of clipart increases the likelyhood of a Christmas bonus!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Perhaps XaraX should be a good therapy for people hosted in the Prison you have drawn?

For my personnal taste, I like particularly your sketches and your sympathically imaginative Inuit Art !!!

I Hope to go to Montréal (to see my friends there) in the first half of July; perhaps we could initiate the first "XaraX Featured Artists Congress" there? With Risto, of course !!!

Kind regards,

ivan
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ivan - The idea of xara in prison is interesting. I have been thinking about that for some months. My thought was maybe I could volunteer an evening a week and go into the bighouse and tutor a small group of interested offenders in web design and xara. I believe any exercise of the creative noodle is worthwhile. It is also good for the rehabilitation of offenders to interact with "real" people. Trouble is that I probably know more about that building, its design and systems, than ony one person. That would make me a good hostage!

Meeting in Montreal in July sounds like fun but I'll have to see if I can swing it. Montreal is quite far from Nova Scotia. If I starting driving now it would take something like 16 hours! Canada is a big place...

As for that Inuit art I will post a few blowups in the gallery forum. I did have fun drawing them.

Regards, Ross

What a great mix of drawings, Ross. It really shows the great variety of styles that can be expressed with Xara, and your ingenuity of-course. My favorites; the sketch and the minimalistic "God is in the details".

And there is something really spooky and primal about "Ocular Thingie"! - Like it! It freaks my wife out no end... would be really neat to have a huge poster of it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I would hang it on the door to the "office" on garbage and shopping days [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'll be there for the congress! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The Gel button tutorial looks great!

Risto

If I see you in Montreal I'll be sure to bring a poster. We have a big inkjet plotter at work...

Regards, Ross