Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey, this is my first post here. Although I do use Photoshop a lot, I mainly use Xara. I use Photoshop mainly just for touching up photos and doing weird things with them and use Xara for most of my art. But I am very proud of this one. I started out with a picture of the Acropolis and used the rubber-stamp tool to completely renew it making it look like it hasn't been there for more than a couple of years giving us a look at what it looked like hundreds of years ago. This is Before...

Steve Newport
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeRenewal.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	19649  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey, this is my first post here. Although I do use Photoshop a lot, I mainly use Xara. I use Photoshop mainly just for touching up photos and doing weird things with them and use Xara for most of my art. But I am very proud of this one. I started out with a picture of the Acropolis and used the rubber-stamp tool to completely renew it making it look like it hasn't been there for more than a couple of years giving us a look at what it looked like hundreds of years ago. This is Before...

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

After....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RomeRenewal1.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	177.7 KB 
ID:	4633  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Not bad at all, Steve.

You should try to make some slight reworks on it, though. Like why can you still see the sky through the pillars towards the back of the Acropolis? Shows the roof is still not complete.

Perhaps lay down some grass, or courtyard in the front as well to clear up the rubble of stones. Who knows, water fountain? Poser figures for Greek worshippers/philosophers?

It's good color matching.

-T

I think you've done a bang-up job Steve.

Now it just needs some landscaping to completely revitalize the image. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Oh ya... and the roof is leaking too. hehee [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Very nice work. Keep it going!

Mark...

great job on that photo. nice clean execution! would you mind sharing exactly how you created that roof? was if from another photo and you just cloned it?

keep it up!

I did the entire work with the rubber-stamp tool and a little air brush to whiten things up a bit. I made the top part of the roof with the very small piece of roof on the left part and again on the right.

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-