Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I cannot figure out how to wrap two separate Paragraph Text boxes around an object.
    I'm creating a CD label and split the song list into two lists. I want to wrap one list on the left of the 'cut-out' and one list on the right. The second wrap comes out with a large blank space the height of the "cut out (circle)" that I've left for the cd.

I've tried making two cutouts and putting one with list 1 on one level and one with list 2 on another level. Still only one will wrap properly.

Also: I would like to have my text paragraph indent like bullets only using numbers instead of bullets. Is this Possible too?

Thank you so much.

[This message was edited by inphoenix on May 24, 2003 at 12:18.]
    IP

I cannot figure out how to wrap two separate Paragraph Text boxes around an object.
    I'm creating a CD label and split the song list into two lists. I want to wrap one list on the left of the 'cut-out' and one list on the right. The second wrap comes out with a large blank space the height of the "cut out (circle)" that I've left for the cd.

I've tried making two cutouts and putting one with list 1 on one level and one with list 2 on another level. Still only one will wrap properly.

Also: I would like to have my text paragraph indent like bullets only using numbers instead of bullets. Is this Possible too?

Thank you so much.

[This message was edited by inphoenix on May 24, 2003 at 12:18.]
    IP

Using Corel Draw 7, I select the text object, then Menu: Arrange, break apart or CTRL+K.
    then select a line of text and place it anywhere on the page. I use the rulers, guide lines, grids and snap-to, to aid in my layouts.

Hope this helps.
    IP

Thanks Mike for your suggestion but I need the text to break according to the object next to it. I want the text to 'wrap' around the object on one side and the other text to wrap on the other side.

I have been doing it manually for years but I'm getting tired of that. It's too tedious.

I could not find anything in the text edit menu that refers to indentation either. Bullets do it but I want numbers not bullets. It's a song list divided into two lists song 1 - song xx
    IP

Maybe you could develope a template, apply an envelope to the paragraph text to give it a unique shape.
    IP

will an envelope cause the text to automatically Lf/Cr? (break) Sounds like a good idea. I'll try it.
    IP

That's pretty cool, Mike. It is a good work around. Just have to do minor editing.
    Thank - You so much.
    Marie

Now, maybe you can figure out the indenting using numbers instead of bullets. hahahaha

Thanks so much
    IP

Appologies if I misunderstand what you are trying to do, but if I understand correctly, is it not easier just to create two half circles side by side and use these as paragraph text boxes with no color outlines, type each list in each seperate box then position into place.

Any shape can be used as a paragraph text box, just create it, select the text tool and place the cursor on the outline where it will change according to wether you are placing text inside or around its edge.

Sark
    IP

Sark,
    Thanks so much for the idea. I tried it but the text all wrapped around the edge of the half circle... like 'fit to path'. I think I did something wrong.
    IP

inphoenix, Hi,

You can place text around the shape, like "fit to path", or inside the shape.
    It is just a matter of where you place the text cursor on the shapes outline.
    You should notice it change depending on whether a greater part of the cursor is just outside the shapes outline or, just inside.
    There are subtle differences to this technique depending on which version of Draw you are using, just check in the help files if you're using a version below 9.

Sark
    IP