Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I currently have Corel 9 Graphics Suite on my WinXP Home(Pentium 4)computer with 512MB ram. I just bought Corel 11 Graphics Suite and I want to install it, but keep Corel 9 as, shall we say, a temporary backup. Currently 9 is located at c:\program files\corel\graphics 9. My version of Painter 6 automatically installed to c:\program files\corel\painter 6. My office suite automatically installed to c:\program files\corel\WPOffice 2002.
    The instructions state that Corel 11 must install to a new folder. Will Corel 11 automically install to c:\program files\corel\.... and will this cause major problems? Does 11 need to be in a new and separate folder, e.g., c:\program files\"new corel"\graphics 11 ?

Thanks in advance for any information and guidance with this upgrade!
    IP

I currently have Corel 9 Graphics Suite on my WinXP Home(Pentium 4)computer with 512MB ram. I just bought Corel 11 Graphics Suite and I want to install it, but keep Corel 9 as, shall we say, a temporary backup. Currently 9 is located at c:\program files\corel\graphics 9. My version of Painter 6 automatically installed to c:\program files\corel\painter 6. My office suite automatically installed to c:\program files\corel\WPOffice 2002.
    The instructions state that Corel 11 must install to a new folder. Will Corel 11 automically install to c:\program files\corel\.... and will this cause major problems? Does 11 need to be in a new and separate folder, e.g., c:\program files\"new corel"\graphics 11 ?

Thanks in advance for any information and guidance with this upgrade!
    IP

I have Draw 9 and 11 on the same system, All versions of Draw install to separate directories by default.

One thing, a limitation of Windows OLE means that the edit bitamp link between Draw 9 and PhotoPaint is severed, as it is replaced by a Draw 11 / PhotoPaint 11 link, so you can't pass bitmaps from Draw 9 to Photo-Paint by the usual right click edit bitmap, have to use the export/import route.

HTH

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scrndmp.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	14930  
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP