Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey, I am a regular on the Xara forum and sometimes the photoshop forum. And although I am a newbie at the 3D thang I have been anticipating this forum for a long time! But just something said about the "Xarians" of the Xara forum regarded as "snobs" made me feel kidna wierd. I know there are those that feel working with multiple programs to complete a single piece is wrong. Then there are those that feel using one program without using the capabilities of other programs to enhance a piece of art is rediculous. I feel both views are without reason. I'm a hardcore "xarian"... but I'm also a hardcore photoshopian, Bryce4ian, Paint Shop Proian, and Poser4ian!! I think that whatever you want to use to "create" you should, no matter what! Both have their good and bad areas, but neither of them should be ruled out. We should not take the liberty of saying exactly how to create art, "Art" is without definition, no one can define art. If you want to go climb a mountain without oxygen go for it, if you want to create something with one program to see what you can do go for it, if you want to use multiple tools to creat/enhance something, go for it, YOUR CHOICE!! Let an artist be an artist. If there was always only one way to create, there'd be no such thing as picasso, Rembrandt, van Gogh, van Dongen, etc. So, moral of this story, learn to accept, I've had a lot of trouble understanding how a painting of a black circle on a white canvas could be worth thousands of dollars, but it's all how you look at it! Thanks for taking the time to read this! Hope I made sense out of all of it! Have a nice day, looking forward to the future of this forum

~Steve Newpor

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hey, I am a regular on the Xara forum and sometimes the photoshop forum. And although I am a newbie at the 3D thang I have been anticipating this forum for a long time! But just something said about the "Xarians" of the Xara forum regarded as "snobs" made me feel kidna wierd. I know there are those that feel working with multiple programs to complete a single piece is wrong. Then there are those that feel using one program without using the capabilities of other programs to enhance a piece of art is rediculous. I feel both views are without reason. I'm a hardcore "xarian"... but I'm also a hardcore photoshopian, Bryce4ian, Paint Shop Proian, and Poser4ian!! I think that whatever you want to use to "create" you should, no matter what! Both have their good and bad areas, but neither of them should be ruled out. We should not take the liberty of saying exactly how to create art, "Art" is without definition, no one can define art. If you want to go climb a mountain without oxygen go for it, if you want to create something with one program to see what you can do go for it, if you want to use multiple tools to creat/enhance something, go for it, YOUR CHOICE!! Let an artist be an artist. If there was always only one way to create, there'd be no such thing as picasso, Rembrandt, van Gogh, van Dongen, etc. So, moral of this story, learn to accept, I've had a lot of trouble understanding how a painting of a black circle on a white canvas could be worth thousands of dollars, but it's all how you look at it! Thanks for taking the time to read this! Hope I made sense out of all of it! Have a nice day, looking forward to the future of this forum

~Steve Newpor

Steve Newpor
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Hi Steve, welcome to this Forum.

I think you'll find everything & everyone in their place. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I don't recall seeing any post in here (thus far) where the Xara Forum users were specifically deemed "snobs", or put down in any ill manner. Can you tell me which posting you saw that in? I'd be curious to read exactly what was said.

I do however remember a slight discussion being had about "some" of the Xara users on that board disagreeing with the use of a 3D program to "render" what they considered to be legitimate "art". And i believe that is what the topic was about here. But, that was awhile ago. I think we've all got that episode out of our systems by now... am i right folks?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I know i have!

Mark...

I don't think it matters anymore because I'm sure what was said wasn't meant in any ill manner, just a differ in one's opinion that came out the wrong way. The topic was "2D and 3D. The Difference in the Artist's Eye". I don't know who said it, but like you said, it's all over now and I'm sure everyone has gotten it out of there systems! Thanx for taking he time to reply, I appreciate it,
    ~Steve

Steve Newport
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-