Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hello !!!

I was away from a long time, working on scenarios for my stories and ... moving to C4D. Too much annoying bugs in today's version of LW (I don't abandon it because I have a so long nice time with it, but I am waiting for better times in its development ...).
    I have tried the trial version of Softimage which is a nice thing, but Foundation lacks of very important things like hair ... and for my taste, C4D renderings are quick and superb (and there is a not too expensive Shave & Haircut for it !!!)

Thus at the moment I am working with the C4D demo which is a non installing executable (!!!) and for two months I wasn't able to crash it ! My goal is importing directly my LW objects (which is seemless) and playing with lights and texturing. And I am very happy with it !!!

Enjoy the lights !

ivan

Hello !!!

I was away from a long time, working on scenarios for my stories and ... moving to C4D. Too much annoying bugs in today's version of LW (I don't abandon it because I have a so long nice time with it, but I am waiting for better times in its development ...).
    I have tried the trial version of Softimage which is a nice thing, but Foundation lacks of very important things like hair ... and for my taste, C4D renderings are quick and superb (and there is a not too expensive Shave & Haircut for it !!!)

Thus at the moment I am working with the C4D demo which is a non installing executable (!!!) and for two months I wasn't able to crash it ! My goal is importing directly my LW objects (which is seemless) and playing with lights and texturing. And I am very happy with it !!!

Enjoy the lights !

ivan

Hello Ivan, its good to see you posting again.
    Your characters appear to be developing very nicely.

These characters are looking great, Ivan!
    ---Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Hi Ivan,

Really nice texture. What kind of lights are you using and how are you using them? Cool effect.

Hey Ivan...

Looks like you are still having way too much fun

So, C4D eh... just one more toolset to throw into the shop is all

Look forward to watching this project continue to develope...

Thanks !!!

I don't use complicated settings at this stage. Only simple texturings. I often use three lights : two distant ones (one at 100 % intensity and with shadows and another one less intense at a different angle and without shadows, to add a fake radiosity luminosity) and sometimes one omni one without shadows.

Here is another trial with soft reflexions based on dispersion.

Enjoy,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c4dauto1.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	416  

I am happy now because I am able to do all what I did in LW and more with C4D. Here I have replaced my beloved LW Fast Fresnel shader with a Fresnel Luminance and I love it too !!!
    I played with only two lights in this scene; one distant with shadows and one omni without shadows.

enjoy,
    ivan