Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star cruiser

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Well it looks different again now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ....almost finished,just tweaking tweaks now [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David thanks BSG links I must go through them all later on.

I watched BSG as a kid,but I cant remember much about it now,or being a kid for that matter [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .....there was a little robot named after food wasnt there.

Cheers

Stu.

D.King, I was not thinking of any particular ship, it just had the feel and look of something that might have been in the show.

It has been a very long time since I have watched an episode, so I just have vague memories of what the ships looked like.

Thanks for the links, I will have to check them out when I have more time.

--Randy R

Cool lookin ship Stu, The thing I remember most about B.S.Galactica is that the vocoder had just been developed, that is a device that emposes the envelope of speech on a sound generator, Any way that was the sound they used for the robot voices.

hehe ... I remember the bad guys (zylons, silons, nylons [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ... whatever ) with the little red glowing eye sensor going back and forth. Now one of those would be a great 3d study in metal and reflection [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So how are you gonna texture this ship. In your app can you visually move the textures around on shapes. This was one of the annoyances with my Cinema4D-go I bought ... textures were a nightmare

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

The robot was called Twinky now I remember [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Those nylons,they were always shiny.Not sure why but they remind of an expensive vacumn cleaner I once saw demonstrated at a friends house now come to think of it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David I will use Bodypaint 3d to set up the UVW mesh so that I can paint on the model in a flat projection or make some parts cylindrical for say the engines.Then when I have the mesh sorted out its off to Photoshop to finish painting [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

When I finish the color map I will post a copy to show you David [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Who would ever think of calling a robot twinky?......whats next calling the Sylons big Macs...hahahaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

"The robot was called Twinky now I remember "

Hmmm .... I don't think that's right ... wasn't that the short robot from Buck Rogers .... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ... but I think he was Tweaky ( must have needed repairing quite often [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Ah the memories [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ... I used to like the falcon dude and his ship from Buck Rodgers when I was a kid

The only robot I know of in Battlestar Gallactica was the boy's robot dog. I did a search and the dog was Muffit and the boy was Boxy ...go figure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://www.mediafans.com/Gallery%20P...y_&_muffit.htm

Doh youre right David...wrong show.

Ya ditto on the Falcon dude [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I was also a big fan of BB5 as well when it was on.Come to think of it I have always been a big fan of SFX in movies,even since Jason and the argonauts where Ray Harry Hausen worked his magic........hmmm might have that name wrong as well,wouldnt surprise me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Finally finished working on the shape of the star cruiser,now I get to do the texturing yaaaaaaaay [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Stu.

From dragon to starship. Man, stu, you're getting more and more advanced. A stupid question - what program did you use to create your polps and such? I wanna learn too.

Doesn't the head look more like a klingon vertebrae or romulan ship?

Dave - Dragon XL 2000 Spitfire - [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] that was a good one.

vee

Hi bud I made the polyps....hahahhaaaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] {just kidding with ya} I modelled the whole ship in Cinema 4d [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Youre right about the Romulans and the Klingons,I did get some inspiration from there [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I am gonna biuld another Dragon sometime too the old ones mesh just is not good enough for clean animation in places. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Right off to begin some more texturing [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

To boldy go where a myriad of pixels have been before [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.