Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star cruiser

I tried to make this not look like all the run of the mill space ships,ie star wars,BB5,etc etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Star_cruiser_wip.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	1625  

I tried to make this not look like all the run of the mill space ships,ie star wars,BB5,etc etc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

hey that's pretty cool Stu, nice job.
    Real nice details.

Maybe it's just me here but... do i see a wierd resembalence of this to the overall shape of the dragon you created? hehee

Just thought i'd ask, since i noticed it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

Thanks bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmmm the Dragon....not sure about that,wasnt intentional if I did [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Truckloads more detail coming yet with a bump map [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

great cruiser. But I can't see it's based on your dragon... anyway, wouldn't it look nicer if you would rotate the shape of the front part - this looks like a lego nose built on a flat ground. Or you can mirror the front part on the zx axis to make it symmetrical?

But hell, because I don't watch TV and sci fi etc, I am not the one to deliver ideas on starships.

A kingdom for a starship nose, but I'm not a king or mechanical engineer for starships, so put this comment into the next trash can ;-}

And off I go now - the big trip start tomorrow morning after I had to postpone it for a couple of days. Keep going, and I'll check in as soon as my Internet access will be up and running.

jens

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

The nose makes it look like a toy that is meant to set flat on a table or something.

Neat design! The Dragon XL-2000 Spitfire! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Lookin' good Stu! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

"and now for some late breaking news ...

... it was decided by the engineer's at the National Institute for the Design of Starships ( NIDS for short) that they would go with the design with flattened nose in spite of ssome opponants to the deisgn. They stated that cost of manufacture was half as much for a rounded bridge section design and with the extra money could include coke machines in every second corridor of the ship."

Hehehe ... seriously , I don't think I mind the flatness of that part of the ship. You could always slap on a small rounded sensor dome underneath the bridge if you thought something was needed there ( I assume thats the bridge up front ... maybe I've seen too many Klingon ships ... perhaps the bridge is that tower above the main body way back)

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com

Great job!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Honestly, if it's a true space ship then the shape of it DOESN'T matter, since aerodynamics are not applicable. However, if the spaceship is also capable of atmosphereic flight, then I would pay attention to the aerodynamics. Otherwise, just make it look how you want it to look. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]