Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am coming along on a new computer. I have passed the hardest part of finding all the software. I wanted to load Acrobat 4.05, but it said I needed a PS driver for distiller. I found a PS driver at Adobe. With my success at chosing things, I was curious if this is the correct approach. The new system is operating on XP. I made a choice of monitor cables, and of course, got the wrong one. Rich

I am coming along on a new computer. I have passed the hardest part of finding all the software. I wanted to load Acrobat 4.05, but it said I needed a PS driver for distiller. I found a PS driver at Adobe. With my success at chosing things, I was curious if this is the correct approach. The new system is operating on XP. I made a choice of monitor cables, and of course, got the wrong one. Rich

Acrobat Full version should have a PS Printer driver on the CD somewhere.

That said I am running Acrobat 4.05c under Windows XP using a later version of the Adobe Postscript driver downloaded from their site, I did not use the one on the CD as I thought it would be too old for Windows XP.

You will however need the Distiller .PPD definition file from the Acrobat CD when installing the driver, just do a search on the CD for *.PPD in all folders it should show up, then when installing the new driver select the .PPD file

Acrobat Full Version 4.05C is running very well so far under XP.

HTH

Peter

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

I was never good at this in school. Things haven't changed. I clicked to select the driver file and it loaded immedaitely. So, looks like my first choice may not work. I loaded Acrobat after that. Didn't see you message previously, of course. I forgot to look for updates, and just downloaded the latest. I will see what happens next. Rich

Looks like Acrobat is now the c revision. The distiller driver worked and produced a file. I was somewhat surprised that it appeared almost instantly, but this system is about 1000 times faster that the old one. I call the old system crash since that is what it did best. I remember seeing something about needing postscriptlevel 5 for XP. Not sure what that means, but it looked as though that was in the driver package. Rich

Rich

Good to hear.

Postscript is only up to Level 3 AFAIK

Peter

P.S. When I said I used a later version of the PostScript Driver, I meant later than the one on the Acrobat CD, I haven't downloaded a version of the PostScript printer driver for nearly a year (did it around the time XP was released). I am sure you have a good working system now.