Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I purchased, downloaded and installed XaraX knowing the CD would follow.

Now I'm getting a message that says my downloaded version will soon expire and I should install from the CD I don't yet have.

Has any else run into the same question? Is there a work around for this until the CD comes in?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    --
    Phillip Rutledge
    --
    Phillip

I purchased, downloaded and installed XaraX knowing the CD would follow.

Now I'm getting a message that says my downloaded version will soon expire and I should install from the CD I don't yet have.

Has any else run into the same question? Is there a work around for this until the CD comes in?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    --
    Phillip Rutledge
    --
    Phillip

Phillip
    Yes this is a problem that I suppose most users will now be running into. I got the same message yesterday.
    The only work around unfortunately seems to be a new download from Xara's site. (I just installed the new download version over the current version, as I'm sure I'd read in this forum that members had previously followed Xara's advice and unistalled their old version and subsequently had problems with the unlock code) I've had no problems with the install on top method to date.

To have to do another 55 minute download is too say at the least a bit rich. I would of thought Xara could have sent out a patch to extend the time-out.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The solution is, as Egg says, to download the new Xara X 1.0aa, to extend your unlock period.
    I think there are many advantages in having this updated version rather than the original version, though I do appreciate some people are relunctant to update something with which they are happy.
    The download is over one megabyte smaller so I hope the distress caused is a little bit less.
    The CD version will be with you shortly.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Bare with me since english is not my first language...
    If I understood Egg's reply, I can install v1.0aa over the "old" version without having any problems with the unlock code despite the recommendation of Xara team about removing previous versions.

I'm confused about this. Should I remove or not remove older version ?

Dan Fournier [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Upgrade confusion indeed!!! I removed 1.0a, as clearly instructed by Mark Goodall - and thereby apparently LOST all the previous registration info! I am now back to a 30 day trial, and must get new unlock code, etc.

AND OF COURSE, DAMMIT: IMPORTING THE OLD REGISTRY KEYS DID NOT - AGAIN, DID NOT!!! - RESTORE MY CAREFUL CUSTOMIZATION! Jeez, I am soooooooooo tired of this!!!! Why the HELL can't you make the app KEEP my old settings?!?!?! Can it really be so harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd to spare users this irritation?!?!?

K!!!
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Hej Klaus,

I guess this is for security reasons, because there are already perfect serial number crackers available.

The funny part is, that if you use a crack, you don't have that problem, but I purchased the 1.0aa version today and had to re-install and arrange and setup my environment. But considering that I want the XARA team to survive, it's peanuts for us XARA users to spend these 2 minutes on a new and registered version - don't you agree?

I kept the 'cracked' version on another machine just to see if it's reliable - in this case it's me who can say: DAMN IT - the crack is perfect. You can't beat the problem, but you can support the honest people. And I will give all the support I can.

Have fun with the new release - it's worth every cent!

ciao,
    jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--