Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

This may be a beginner's question and something that has been visited many times:

How can you trick or calibrate your MAC monitor into how PC monitors view images. I understand that the gamma on a MAC washes out images while MAC published images are significantly darker on PCs.

I am starting to design two websites and would prefer that color problems be the last of my frustrations. Can anyone suggest something to accomodate the majority (ie. PC user)?

Thanks!

This may be a beginner's question and something that has been visited many times:

How can you trick or calibrate your MAC monitor into how PC monitors view images. I understand that the gamma on a MAC washes out images while MAC published images are significantly darker on PCs.

I am starting to design two websites and would prefer that color problems be the last of my frustrations. Can anyone suggest something to accomodate the majority (ie. PC user)?

Thanks!

Sounds like you've been badly misinformed...(the problem you're concerned with just doesn't exist.) Go ahead and design your sites and they'll display equally well on PC and Mac..hth.....Lewes

Hmmm. 'Fraid not Lewes. Check out this primer on the differences: http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.web.html

Photoshop and Fireworks, both, have settings that will toggle between Mac/PC gamma, so you can reach some reasonable middle ground.

Hope that helps!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com

Oops!! A very late and sincere apology - it looks as though I was the one who was misinformed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ...Lewes

Thank you Jen...very informative link. Gracias!

Paul