Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

A number of months ago I remember someone, possibly Gary Priester, lamenting the lack of good wood fills. Someone did respond with a suggestion but the site apparently has been closed.

A couple of days ago I came across a web site in France some of you may want to explore which offers over 1200 tileable fills/textures at 512 X 512 resolution. They have interesting collections of wood, water, metal, stone, plaids, tiles, brick, etc.

It appears, based on some English text posted on the site, that these are free (and presumably useable by you in your work). I can't represent that to be the case, however, and would suggest that If you do plan to use any of these comercially that it would be wise to contact them first.

In any event here's the address:

www.3dtextures.fr.st

Enjoy!

A number of months ago I remember someone, possibly Gary Priester, lamenting the lack of good wood fills. Someone did respond with a suggestion but the site apparently has been closed.

A couple of days ago I came across a web site in France some of you may want to explore which offers over 1200 tileable fills/textures at 512 X 512 resolution. They have interesting collections of wood, water, metal, stone, plaids, tiles, brick, etc.

It appears, based on some English text posted on the site, that these are free (and presumably useable by you in your work). I can't represent that to be the case, however, and would suggest that If you do plan to use any of these comercially that it would be wise to contact them first.

In any event here's the address:

www.3dtextures.fr.st

Enjoy!

Thanks Brian! Just had a look at this site and it's great just for browsing - really recommend it - Penny

Neat resource.

Good woodgrain photos are hard to come by because lighting them flat is so hard.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone