Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello. I was just trying to print a file from Corel Draw 11.633 to my Epson color inkjet printer. The system seemed to be hanging, and the file wouldn't start to print, so I restarted the computer (Windows XP Pro). Upon reboot and restarting Corel Draw, I noticed that my color palette at the bottom of the screen looked different.

Although the palette indicated that it was showing the program's default palette (CMYK), the colors looked more like an RGB palette. The graphics on the page also looked to be in RBG rather than CMYK.

How do I restore my palette to the CMYK default and have the palette display correctly on screen? This has happened to me once before, but I forgot how I fixed the problem. Thanks for any advice you all may have.
    IP

Hello. I was just trying to print a file from Corel Draw 11.633 to my Epson color inkjet printer. The system seemed to be hanging, and the file wouldn't start to print, so I restarted the computer (Windows XP Pro). Upon reboot and restarting Corel Draw, I noticed that my color palette at the bottom of the screen looked different.

Although the palette indicated that it was showing the program's default palette (CMYK), the colors looked more like an RGB palette. The graphics on the page also looked to be in RBG rather than CMYK.

How do I restore my palette to the CMYK default and have the palette display correctly on screen? This has happened to me once before, but I forgot how I fixed the problem. Thanks for any advice you all may have.
    IP

I solved my own problem. Using the System Restore feature in Win XP Pro, I restored my system to an earlier state (from a few days ago). Upon rebooting and restarting Corel Draw, my default CMYK palette has returned good as new. Obviously, something had gotten corrupted from before, but it's not from anything I did... unless you count printing a file to an Epson printer...?
    IP

I have encountered the same problem with
    Adobe Photoshop.

After an intensive research,
    I have discovered that is was the driver
    of my Display that unmach with some
    color's palettes.

Do you have installed a driver for your display?

Because I think the best way is to let
    the Window's default Display driver
    make his good job.
    IP

I do have a display driver installed. I'm using an NVidia Geoforce 4 Ti 4800 SE video card with 128 MB's of RAM on the card. I also run Adobe Photoshop 7, but have not encountered (yet) the same color palette problem.

A word of caution, too, if you plan on setting your computer system's state back to an earlier time: you may have to reinstall any programs that were installed after the selected date you set your computer's state back to. Also, I noticed some customized user settings in some of my other programs were adversely affected by going back to an earlier aystem state.

These issues are rather minor, though, and can be alleviated with little effort or time by the user.
    IP

I'm not talking about the driver of your
    graphic card (NVidia),

I'm talking about the drive of your Display (Monitor) Screen.

What is the brand of your monitor?
    Sony? ViewSonic? Samsung? NEC/Mitsubishi?

The simplest way is to format your hard drive,
    install Windows 2000 SP4 or XP SP1 only,
    but not your monitor drive.

I'm sure that will be no problem.
    IP

My monitor brand is Eizo. The model is the Flexscan T966 (21"). According to my Device Manager, I have three ICM driver files installed for my monitor.
    IP

Ahhh! thats the problem! (I think)

In your Control Panel / Display / Settings /
    Advanced.../Color Management

Remove your three ICM Drivers
    (in the Color Profiles text area field)
    and then reboot your computer.

Windows will install automatically
    his own general Display Drivers.

Look now if your Color Palettes in CorelDRAW
    and Photoshop are OK.

Let me know if every is OK.
    IP

Thanks for the tip, but I'm a bit hesitant to remove those ICM files. Installed, aren't they doing a better job of displaying colors correctly on my monitor rather than a generic Windows driver would?
    IP

Theorically yes,
    the true drivers of each Monitors
    is supposed to do a better job than
    the general Display Driver of Window.

but...

in my own case,
    if I install my Monitor(s) Driver(s),
    the Color pallette of Photoshop
    doesn't show me true colors.
    IP