"Yes, there are quite a few sites on the web that offer tutorials for Painter, and thank you for compiling and sharing the ones you have found.

My point was I thought it was nice of Talk Graphics to take the time to create tutorial sections for the various
softwares used on Talkgraphics.

Judi"
_____

Judi,

I understand, and again thank you for letting us know about the TalkGraphics tutorials. I'd never have known had you not mentioned them.

I posted other links because there may be people reading the Painter Forum who are unaware of them or don't know how to find more Painter tutorials. (What I posted was only a few sites, certainly not all that I've seen over the past few years.)
______

Stecyk,

I spend most of my waking hours doing this stuff related to Painter. The question is, how do I find time to take care of chores like bill paying and house cleaning. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]. The answer to that one is.. I have to force myself away from Painter once in a while just to keep down the roar.. and my house is pretty neglected.

I understand how those of you discussing right brain/left brain things feel. What I do, is forget the details of how I'm working when doing creative stuff. Then, when I write about it, of course, many of the minor details are lost (and no one would want to wade through all that testing, deleting, trying again stuff).

I have learned, with lots of practice, to remember the main things. When I know that I'm going to write about something, I have both Painter and my writing software open at the same time and toggle back and forth. My "Ruffled Feathers" Challenge image is a good example.

http://www.pixelalley.com/painter-ef...eathers8a.html

There's no way on earth that I could tell you everything I did to create that image. Once it was done, though, and I wanted to write about how it was done, I opened the image and studied the Layers and Composite Methods. Fortunately, I'd saved the preliminary images either as Layers or separate files in the same folder with the final image. If they were separate files, I just opened them and thought about the process used. This way, I could describe, generally, what I did.

If you read the text below the larger version of the image, I think you'll see that the text begins with:

"Now, I shall try to remember the main events during the creation of this image. It was done over a period of almost two weeks with several versions culminating in the final one."

... and ended with:

"If this is not precisely what I did, it's the best I can recall after changing my mind a zillion times and doing things over again. "

Again, many of the minor steps are not included as it was impossible to remember all of them.

Have a wonderful week, everyone! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]