Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Greetings People,

When I recently filled out the Tromp L*Oeil tutorial evaluation form (like we ALL do) I checked the *beginner* box. Gary suggested that I could stop calling myself a beginner; probably since I have been around since the Xealot was an e-mail.

But I am really quite stupid. I mean it. I went to the Oregon coast for a week last year; and, when I returned, I discovered that my computer was obsolete, my software was out of date, and the Xara forum had exploded. Now I can*t even keep up. And I, I used to BE somebody. I was a DOS 3 POWER USER.!!!

Anyway, I think Gary should understand that *level* is circular, not linear. So, I am posting this CONCEPTUAL redo of the evaluation form. It has not been Xarad out yet, it is only conceptual. Plus the client hasn*t signed off yet. In fact, we don*t even have deal memos. So, hey,,,,no charge.....
    Regards .................. Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tuteval1.gif 
Views:	303 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	7215  

Greetings People,

When I recently filled out the Tromp L*Oeil tutorial evaluation form (like we ALL do) I checked the *beginner* box. Gary suggested that I could stop calling myself a beginner; probably since I have been around since the Xealot was an e-mail.

But I am really quite stupid. I mean it. I went to the Oregon coast for a week last year; and, when I returned, I discovered that my computer was obsolete, my software was out of date, and the Xara forum had exploded. Now I can*t even keep up. And I, I used to BE somebody. I was a DOS 3 POWER USER.!!!

Anyway, I think Gary should understand that *level* is circular, not linear. So, I am posting this CONCEPTUAL redo of the evaluation form. It has not been Xarad out yet, it is only conceptual. Plus the client hasn*t signed off yet. In fact, we don*t even have deal memos. So, hey,,,,no charge.....
    Regards .................. Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe Gary can add another box to check on the tutorials for the "Way Stupid Level" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Tad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Now I can*t even keep up. And I, I used to BE somebody. I was a DOS 3 POWER USER.!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing)

I like your more visual approach.

Bruce -- No need for way stupid if you have finished the tutorial, eh? Way stupid only for people who don't try to do the tutorials in the first place.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Sever So Humble...

Tad, sorry to hear your old computer caught an Oregon virus from you. What town did you stay in anyway? I hear if you put a baggey over your mouse you can avoid such infections [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Your diagram is GREAT, which brings up another thought. I would suggest all the forum participants to consider this. Take at least one feature or method you use in Xara, no matter how "simple" and try to document it so that anyone else can understand and apply it. It can be a bear to make it truely universally understood.

I have always felt that one qualifies as "competant" when they have a broad, in-depth knowledge of a topic and can teach/explain it to someone else.

I could do this once upon a time with certain DOS 3.x applications, but doubt I can say the same thing in the Windows environment ... there are so many variables and technicalities which come into play.

For someone to write GOOD tutorials (technically sound, easy to understand, and still entertaining) is to be admired. And to do this month after month, year after year is quite remarkable.

So my challenge, to those who have nothing better to do [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] , is to take something in Xara (some trick you've developed or a topic in the help file or a method which has been described before but not to your liking) and compose your own documentation and submit it here. It may influence us all and may help develop a better appreciation of the software

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Just a thought.

While Tad may think he is a stupid person the rest of us know he is not being objective. There must be an objective way to determine where he and the rest of us, belong on the vector between complete idiot and xara god.

My thought is perhaps someone (with too much time on their hands) can develop: "Are You a Xara God? - The Test". It could be a (hopefully humorous) one hundred question quiz much like those "Are You a Nerd?" quizes that were so popular in the early days of the internet. If someone wants to take on the task, maybe others could submit question ideas via email.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>